Notices

Cat purchase exerience.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am curious and somewhat skeptical about the coverages. When i went shopping for insurance i was quoted what seemed to be some really cheep rates but when i gave the person some scenarios about what was covered i found out that it didn't cover a much. One example... if i was towing the boat overnight and had to stay at a hotel, it was not covered, even if it was attached to my truck with a locking trailer hitch and my truck has a security system.You might never think you will tow your boat anyplace overnight but a trip to a detail shop or a mechanics place might be possible, and if so, they may not responsible for theft or damage. I didn't have a bank loan on my boat so i didn't have to meet any requirements for insurance maybe that's what made it a challenge. I hope it works out for you tho. It always seems that you get what you pay for.
P.S. Really nice boat. Enjoy.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the post. Valid points. Hopefully Sy will chime in and at least in my case, clarify your findings. I too have no financial obligations.

I had a financed 42 Cig Tiger years ago. It was fine until I started rebuilding fouled motors. That made things tight. I swore boat loans off. Took 5 years off from boating, and saved until I had enough capital to purchase my dream rig.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
Ateco power...
Neil nice lookin boat and have a blast! Ck yr plug wires. LOL in ur pic 1 looks off.

Last edited by I'CE; 11-03-2013 at 08:14 PM.