Notices

Annoying anchor!

Old 06-26-2013, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by atisvt99
This is perfect timing for this thread... and while not 100% on topic, it is anchor related: For those of you with anchor boxes up front, what are do you put in there to keep the anchor from bouncing around and to maybe absorb and help dissipate some of the water from the line? I just cleaned out my bow-anchor box last week and threw out this old, crusty, brittle blanket that looks like it had been used in a graveyard for many years. I need to put something back in there so that the anchor doesn't bounce around too much as 'boatnt' mentioned above...

I also need to get some plastic wrapped chain... my chain is just the bare metal and scares me when coming close to the rub rail on the way up.

thanks,

- justin
Mine goes in an anchor locker up front. The top of the anchor slides in to a built in socket and the rods on the base lock down in to cam locks. It's slick as hell, works perfectly and doesn't move at all. It came from the factory like this including the anchor. As a matter of fact, I lost my anchor a couple years ago and instead of trying to match one up, I called the factory on a Monday morning and there was a new one on my porch by Wednesday. The locker also has a drain to let the water out.

I'll try to get a photo this weekend.

Last edited by Scagburner; 06-26-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hard to keep in in one place @ 85 I do not have a anchor
Old 06-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trannyjoe
I really hope that is a joke.... Cause if it isn't, when that 85 mph boat breaks down, do you just plan on drifting around?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few have mentioned it already, the box anchor is the way to go. They come with storage bags, no chain required and it takes up very little space.

Do a google search for them, there is a lot of information out there. Good luck and hope this helps.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No anchor box, but I kept one mounted in the engine compartment zip-tied to the mount. I used it so infrequently though.

Originally Posted by atisvt99
This is perfect timing for this thread... and while not 100% on topic, it is anchor related: For those of you with anchor boxes up front, what are do you put in there to keep the anchor from bouncing around and to maybe absorb and help dissipate some of the water from the line? I just cleaned out my bow-anchor box last week and threw out this old, crusty, brittle blanket that looks like it had been used in a graveyard for many years. I need to put something back in there so that the anchor doesn't bounce around too much as 'boatnt' mentioned above...

I also need to get some plastic wrapped chain... my chain is just the bare metal and scares me when coming close to the rub rail on the way up.

thanks,

- justin
Tip Tie and a piece of rubber matt. It can also be bolted in through the eye with a thumb or wing nut.

Originally Posted by trannyjoe
Its good to have for emergencies. Mine stayed in place at over 100 as do many others on here.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 55 Posts

The box anchor good for sandy bottom? Sounds like a lot of people have them. I like the idea of keeping it all in a bag.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:04 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

The box anchor is by far the best. Easy to deploy and works in rocks, gravel, sand, mud. Does not need anchor chain and folds up into a heavy duty bag. I store mine under the rear seat.

http://www.slideanchor.com/