Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Reggie fountain documentary >

Reggie fountain documentary

Notices

Reggie fountain documentary

Old 06-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

My dad never claimed he invented the step bottom, notch setback transom, pad. They have all been around for many many years(prior art). What he did was combine all of these in a way that dramatically increased the performance & handleing of a performance boat.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wanted a fountain since I was kid, and always remember my parents saying those boats cost to much to run etc. Well I finally scraped enough money after deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan at almost 30 to buy an older 91 Fountain fever 29. Love the boat its in good shape specially for the age, I would die for a newer one or wish I had the cash to take my current boat and pretty much have it totally gone over and redone and make it new again, I would really love that, but probably cheaper to just buy a newer used one, but these days and working for the feds and getting our paycheck cut down, probably going to be riding the old dog for some time being.

I dont get into brand wars and if you like your boat fine, if you dont like mine, I really dont care. But the fountain is proven and there is facts to prove it, is it better or worse than others, IDK, im not getting into that. But I can tell you I have people I know that couldnt tell you what a Camaro looks like or that chevy makes it, but the first time they saw my boat, they said man you have a fountain. Or being at the docks and people pass by that arent boaters say nice fountain, then go onto the next boat which is whatever brand and have to ask the guy what kind of boat he has. So theres something to the name.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I have been a fan of fountains since I was a kid. The more I look at them the more I like them. Exterior styling, interior styling. The helm is by far the best layout and looks of any of them in my opinion. I look forward to seeing this and would love to run into Reggie somewhere. I like my formula but working hard to buy a fountain.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
I have been a fan of fountains since I was a kid. The more I look at them the more I like them. Exterior styling, interior styling. The helm is by far the best layout and looks of any of them in my opinion. I look forward to seeing this and would love to run into Reggie somewhere. I like my formula but working hard to buy a fountain.
Go to the worlds in KeyWest, out to the main Pier. You will see him, and he will talk your ear off. Simply a great guy
Old 06-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Go to the worlds in KeyWest, out to the main Pier. You will see him, and he will talk your ear off. Simply a great guy
I wanna get to the worlds. Unfortunately this year ill be at work. Actually I miss all Florida races this year due to work.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it just me or does Reggie and Wayne Newton have the same hair doo
Old 06-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone who is Into Performance Boats remembers There first time they saw a New Fountain in there Area.
Bet they can Name the Place to This Day!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 32 Active Thunder
Is it just me or does Reggie and Wayne Newton have the same hair doo
Ha +1
Old 06-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie Fountain
My dad never claimed he invented the step bottom, notch setback transom, pad. They have all been around for many many years(prior art). What he did was combine all of these in a way that dramatically increased the performance & handleing of a performance boat.
Agree 100%. If you ever get to experience a custom Fountain built by the factory to be a top performer, it is a ride you won't soon forget. The manners and running attitudes that some of these Fountains display can not be disputed.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I highly respect the fact that it was applied and never rested on testing and tuning till it was as perfect as it could be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.