Notices

Ford PSD Updates

Old 07-30-2002, 09:25 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ford PSD Updates

First off in my desire to know as much as possible about these trucks and not get screwed by the dealer I went on a search for as much as I could find out about the trucks.

I found that there are two simple cheap repairs that can be done to these motors to make them run MUCH better. The first is only a coupld bucks (say 10 or so) It requires replacing your flex hose from the hard line to the fuel pump. I guess the connection pulls air on ALL years.

The next repair is a little more work but not much. It is for Power strokes from 1994 on up. It is made by a company called Diesel Innovations. They make something called a High Pressure Oil Crossover Kit. This kit is shown as 45 bucks and will help the trucks big time. Labor to put in is estimated at a couple hours if you are really taking your time.

As far as my transmision....... They refused to put a new one in. Well they replaced the valve body that they have done before and guess what.... I drove it a couple miles home and this evening it is already messing up. I can not believe how much I pushed for a new transmision. I explained to them what was happening and WHY I WANTED A REBUILT TRANSMISION!!!! I guess it is sad that I know more about these trucks then they do!!!! I think that if I can find a way to afford it I will guy the Tork converter from Sunteck (I think was the name) It has a lifetime warrantee!!!!! Costs 1200 bucks however. Why do I have to spend 1200 bucks to make my truck reliable when it only has 28,000 miles. I am VERY disapointed in how the dealer has handled this particular situation. Over all I am still happy with the truck they just have to figure out the problem with this tranny. Well this time they said they will replace the transmision so they better hold to their word!!!!! I am going to drive it into the ground however so there is no chance for them to renig on their agreement.

Jon
Old 07-30-2002, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The problem with the fuel line sucking air isn't the line it is the quick connectors. What they do is just cut them out and install rubber fuel line and hose clamps.
Old 07-30-2002, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are wise to get a new Torque Converter. They can clean out the valve body even if it was packed with metal (they did mine). Just hope the metal did not take the pump out. This piece alone is the most expensive. Do this now or you will be leff on the side of the road. Good luck and keep fighting the dealer. Take it to a higher level. Local news, Ford cust service, small fire in the back room all but one of these will work. You decide,I am not giving any advice or acting as your Attorney
Old 07-30-2002, 11:02 PM
Tejas Raz

Hey thanks for the info Audiofn.

Just bought a 97 F250 HD SuperCab 4x4 PSD last Monday. Sounds like those tips are gimme's and I'm like you... I want to know ALL about them. Just like my boat

Scott

Old 07-30-2002, 11:46 PM
Intolerant1

Go try a different dealer. I had same problem with my 98 F150. Did a trans fluid change just before warranty ran out and found a pile of metal in the pan. Two dealers refused to replace the trans saying that as long as it was operating properly, it was not a problem. This went on for several months and numerous contacts with the dealers and Ford Rep. Finally went to third dealer. Walked into the Service managers office with a plastic baggy full of my trans. Dropped it on his desk and asked for his help explaining that the other dealers apparently no longer wanted my business (new truck every few years). He appologized and ordered my new trans while I waited. It was replaced the next week. Sqeeky wheel gets the grease my friend....raise some hell. Get on the phone with Ford, write nasty letters. etc.

Old 07-30-2002, 11:54 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh believe me this wheel is squeeking so bad it is about to lock up!!!! I am going to take it to Danvers Ford next time. I have to call Ford Customer Care to make this all happen as of course the dealer wants me to bring my truck back to them again. They must be on crack the way they treated me the last time!!!! I am going to make a apointment with Danvers Ford tomarrow as they ussually have a couple week waite to get in there!!! So I guess I will waite and get all my ducks in a row and when the time comes I will hopefully be able to limp her into the place. Otherwise it goes on a flat bed!!!!

Jon
Old 07-30-2002, 11:55 PM
Registered

Jon,
Do you know if there were any Trans problems before you bought the vehicle? Have someone run the VIN number for you. If there were you need to demand a new transmission.
Go straight to Ford customer service and state your case. Tell them you would like to bring the truck to a different dealer. Also explain you are towing a 300,000.00 Cig to Loto in a couple of weeks and being stranded would leave Ford open to a very nasty liability suite. You don't need to be playing cards to bluff.
Good luck,
Dan
Old 07-31-2002, 09:06 AM
283CHECK

Jon,
From what little you have drove your truck since the fuel line change have you noticed any increase in mpg??

Thanks
Chris

Old 07-31-2002, 09:20 AM
Registered

why are you buying a new torque converter???

the fuel line may have done something on my truck...maybe 1mpg???

just replaced 1 of the 4x4 hubs in the front last night!!! what a m-f'er!!!...98k so not that big of a deal. but a pain in the ass!!!!!
Old 07-31-2002, 09:26 AM
Registered

Default Re: Ford PSD Updates

Originally posted by Audiofn

The next repair is a little more work but not much. It is for Power strokes from 1994 on up. It is made by a company called Diesel Innovations. They make something called a High Pressure Oil Crossover Kit. This kit is shown as 45 bucks and will help the trucks big time. Labor to put in is estimated at a couple hours if you are really taking your time.

Jon
It took me about 20min and was no problem....it might take two hours if your kicking back a few cold ones waiting for the engine to cool off

283check....I gained about 2.5mpg after doing these two fixes plus another one which involves dropping the fuel tank and fixing some lines in there that suck air.

Quick Reply: Ford PSD Updates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.