Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hot Boat is NEVER going on either of my boats, PWC's, snowmobiles, NOTHIN, NADDA, ZIP (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29909-hot-boat-never-going-either-my-boats-pwcs-snowmobiles-nothin-nadda-zip.html)

Shane 07-31-2002 10:00 AM

GRH,
NO rain at all!:p Except it ALWAYS rains at Sacandaga!:rolleyes:

Advantage_Rob,
Thanks! I gues I now have DRY SUMPED CLE's!;):o Anyhow, we should be back in business Sunday afternoon.:)

Shane:cool:

Advantage_Rob 07-31-2002 10:30 AM

The CLE's are what I have, and the outboard place here didn't know much about performance outboards, just fishing boats... First they got me the stock carrier, then when that didn't work they got me the carrier for the bigger shart and that didn't work either, then I measured, called merc, and finally after 2 weeks of dealing with a marina, shipping the wrong **** back and forth, I got the right one, I was just trying to make sure you avoid all of this trouble I went thru, and good luck with it.

Shane 07-31-2002 11:05 AM

Hey Rob,

Thanks again! I actually am great friends with and used to work for (in high school and college) a Merc Hi-Perf dealer so I get the stuff at cost. That helps alot! Anyhow, glad to hear all worked out well for you. The only concerns I have are these:
1. Are any internal components damaged
2. Are the threads holding the retainer in damaged

If all is okay I should be in business. If you need part numbers I have them. That should make ordering easier for you.

Shane:cool:

Ron P 07-31-2002 11:07 AM

Doesn't sound like HOT BOAT was involved at all. Maybe this is the beginning of the SHANE CURSE!!!!!!

Or maybe this is normal for performance boating.

Shane 07-31-2002 11:14 AM

Ron P,

What seems to be the problem is this. All Hot Boat has to do is get in your boat, and it is destined for troubles! :p Last summer, he got in C_Spray's Bat Boat and it got a big chip in it(beautiful paint work) and a week later smoked a motor. He was driving Tantrum and he smoked a motor shortly thereafter, took him for a ride and I break a bearing carrier!:rolleyes:This is just the short list too! ;)

Just kidding Paul. Actually, I have a nick name for him since these troubles began a year and a half ago. I call him Murph, as in Murphy's Law!:p

I hope he knows I am just kidding with all of this. Hot Boat is a GREAT FRIEND and a teriffic guy. I truly enjoy his company, being working on my stuff or his, boating, snowmobiling, having dinner with the wives, whatever. We both just enjoy kidding one another.:)

Ron, you are right, this is just Hi-Perf boating. But isn't always easier to blame someone else?:rolleyes:

Gary C 07-31-2002 11:20 AM

That's just not right Shane:D You're gonna give the poor guy a complex! With all these boat problems, I figured It's time to sell the boat, put in a pool for the wife and son and buy me a Harley! Just kidding:D I could never see myself without a boat. What would we spend our money on?

Hot Boat 07-31-2002 11:40 AM

Shane ...... No comment:rolleyes:

I am on the hunt for a witch doctor for a spiritual clensing :p

Shane 07-31-2002 11:50 AM

Hot Boat,

You have some SERIOUS problems you need to work out with yourself!:p ;)

EvilTwin 07-31-2002 12:25 PM

OK Seth!!!!

Now I'm afraid to have you in my boat. Is this bad luck thing contagious?:D ;)

Shane 07-31-2002 01:50 PM

Who's Seth?:confused:What PLANET do you come from anyway? :eek: