Notices

Boating areas to retire

Old 07-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Interceptor
We've been retired in Traverse City, Mi since 2008 and love the area.
ed
Was in T C last week and never would have imagined the beauty of that area. Drove to the light house for a quick sight seeing trip and the vinyards, cherry trees, views, way cool. If i were in to winter sports, i would think about TC. Btw.... Nice Porschs last week too!
Old 07-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I've subscribed to this thread - my wife and I are planning to retire somewhere on/near the gulf coast. ....hopefully in 6 years or so.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's funny, lots of people kept telling us how warm it was in Florida, well last Summer at LOTO we had six weeks straight of almost 100 degree weather with the humidity in the 90%, it doesn't get any hotter than the midwest and the winters are miserable, ...........I thought this thread was where would you RETIRE, we've been here in the Cape since last October and have never had to look for something to do, there's either something going on here at the Cape, on Ft. Myers Beach, Marco Island, Sarasota, Naples, Punta Gorda.....................all these places are less than a hour boat or car ride, crap we can drive to Tampa or Miami in two hours.

It's less than a six hour drive to KW or we can take the Key West Express, do I need to keep going, I'm thrilled you guys love the North, but I lived in the midwest for 57 years and I'm going to finish out what's left down here in Florida........oh, did I mention I can go out back and jump in the pool anytime of the year, yes, even in January and February, we live on the ICW and we love living by Rumruners, it's our hangout, it's great to be able to jump in our boat and fly out to the GULF OF MEXICO anytime we want.....................have fun everybody.

Last edited by 314joey; 07-02-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JcookMI
Soldier 4402 hit it on the head!

I'll be heading to Mullett Lake Tomorrow!!!! Love northern MI doesn't get much better than that.
If you havent you need to check out Vivios. Think its pretty close to mullet, its in Indian River. Also Hoppes on burt lake, the biggest best burgers
Old 07-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Registered

I cant believe people are suggesting retiring in Michigan, I am sure it's beautiful but retiring there? My bones ache in winter the older I get, and I live in southern VA and I'm only 44! Those MichaiganTV commercials must really be working
Old 07-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Northwest Michigan is amazing but only if you like winter or have a place somewhere warm to spend the season.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Registered

Don't forget about Torch Lake in Northen MI. There Clear water is hard to beat, we will be there next week.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Registered

Va beach, Chesapeake Bay Area. Tons of killer fishing weather is very good. All kinds of cool places to boat, Florida is way to hot
Old 07-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ktrain
Va beach, Chesapeake Bay Area. Tons of killer fishing weather is very good. All kinds of cool places to boat, Florida is way to hot

When you guys are shoveling snow in January and February this coming winter keep an eye out for us Florida guys boating in 80 degree weather out in the GULF.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lake Lanier Ga

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.