Notices

Boating areas to retire

Old 07-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
When you guys are shoveling snow in January and February this coming winter keep an eye out for us Florida guys boating in 80 degree weather out in the GULF.
Some people's minds won't be changed Jim. Last time I checked I'm surrounded by water so if its hot I jump in!!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one has mentioned Austin tx. When I retire in 28 years. Lol. I wil have a place near home in n mi but no way ill be spending my winters here so I will have a place somewhere that we can boat during the winter time. Austin would be another place to consider
Old 07-03-2013, 05:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
It's funny, lots of people kept telling us how warm it was in Florida, well last Summer at LOTO we had six weeks straight of almost 100 degree weather with the humidity in the 90%, it doesn't get any hotter than the midwest and the winters are miserable, ...........I thought this thread was where would you RETIRE, we've been here in the Cape since last October and have never had to look for something to do, there's either something going on here at the Cape, on Ft. Myers Beach, Marco Island, Sarasota, Naples, Punta Gorda.....................all these places are less than a hour boat or car ride, crap we can drive to Tampa or Miami in two hours.

It's less than a six hour drive to KW or we can take the Key West Express, do I need to keep going, I'm thrilled you guys love the North, but I lived in the midwest for 57 years and I'm going to finish out what's left down here in Florida........oh, did I mention I can go out back and jump in the pool anytime of the year, yes, even in January and February, we live on the ICW and we love living by Rumruners, it's our hangout, it's great to be able to jump in our boat and fly out to the GULF OF MEXICO anytime we want.....................have fun everybody.
True story!

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 07-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

I am more then happy that people would rather retire in MI then FL.

Keeps it from getting any more crowded.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lake Lanier or Lake Norman. Both very close to great Southeastern Cities with excellent year around climate. Nice change of season without a brutal winter to deal with. The boating is great on either with no hassling from enforcement of any kind. The average day in winter hits around 50 degrees.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera572
Lake Lanier or Lake Norman. Both very close to great Southeastern Cities with excellent year around climate. Nice change of season without a brutal winter to deal with. The boating is great on either with no hassling from enforcement of any kind. The average day in winter hits around 50 degrees.

Avg 50? Brrrr. I barely rarely ever see a 50 degree day.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I think my 2 choices would be Destin and Key west, being a beach bum or the likes. When i eventually sell out, i would like to buy a small hotel/motel with clean beachy style rooms on a beach and just run it.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Anyone just has to look at Jayboat's pictures and then decide where you would want to retire, pretty simple answer then.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just ran across this today,,looks interesting! and reasonable.. http://www.lakekeoweerealestateexper...?Listing=20034
Old 07-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Registered

This was great reading. Been boating in the NY Hudson valley for 40 years. Time to go toward the palm trees.
Been hearing that central Florida has fresh water lakes that meet each other and join the St. John's river. Didn't see any of that on this thread. Can anybody fill me in about that area? Thanx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.