Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Scope Poker Run A Must!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29921-scope-poker-run-must.html)

DEVIL MAN 07-31-2002 12:58 AM

Scope Poker Run A Must!!!!!!!!

Hey gang.....anyone thinking of coming to the SCOPE poker run in
Long Beach on Aug. 23, 24 and 25th.....Wednesday is the last day to sign up without paying a late fee!!!!! The late fee runs an extra $50 per week that you are late....so avoid the penalty and get your entry post marked by Wednesday!!!!!! If you have been stranded on a desert island for the past few years....here is the details.....

$200 for a single entry for affiliated members of SCOPE, Arizona Hot Boat and Catalina Ski Race participants.

$250 for non affiliated members....these entries get you two playing hands and two event t-shirts!!!!

With the basic entry....you get the following for free!!!!

Over $25,000 in cash prizes!!!! $10,000 for first place along with
trophies the top five finishers and a bunch of other door prizes and gag gifts for the best dressed crew, etc.

SCOPE is a non profit organization and our poker runis 100% non profit!!!!!

There is a dinner for each participant and a crew of three on Friday night at Tequilla Jack's.....at no charge to the entrants and
crew!!!

We are doing a charity ride for Juvenile Diabetes on Saturday morning followed by the In-N-Out Burger truck being there for lunch.....minimal burger charge.

There is a Saturday night Jamaican party under the big tent alongside the waterfront docks where all 175 boats will be at their own private slips!!!!!!!! That is correct....a private dock space for each participant boat!!!! No side tieing at the SCOPE
Poker Run!!!!!!

Saturday afternoon is a treasure hunt inside the Long Beach breakwater with over $1,000 in cash prize money to the expert
seekers!!!!

Sunday morning is the run...long course includes Catalina and approx. 100 miles......short course is along the course to Newport Beach and will be 65 miles!!!

Sunday is a barbeque lunch and the awards ceremony with some entrants walking away with some serious cash and prizes!!!!

We also will have two helicopters in the air with professional photographers and each entrant should receive six to eight photos of your boat hitting some air.....besides the photos we also give you all the negatives at no cost!!!!! It is all part of your
original registration fee!!!!!!

Compare our fees and what you get in return with all the perks....checik out the competition and you will find that we will give you the biggest bang for the buck....by far!!!! Check in with
participants from last year.....142 boats in 2001....you will hear that our poker run is one of the most organized boating events in the world!!!!

Satisfaction is guaranteed!!!!! or I will give you your money back!!!!!!! You heard that from the DMan!!!! We have the same group of people running this event for the past eight years....we have been practicing and getting better every year.

So....come on and take the plunge....save your money and send in your app tomorrow....once we hit 175, that will be the end of the road.....don't think...just do it!!!!!

Go to www.scopeinfo.com for downloading the app and check out the scoop on SCOPE!!!!

DMan.....and the D is for DON'T DELAY!!!!!!!

PS.... Jesse James....please confirm my statements or anyone else that was at last year's run!!!!

27daytona 07-31-2002 02:18 AM

Devil Man, I have sent my money in and will be trailering down from Sacramento. What course do you reccommend for a 27 Daytona with twins and a 27 Formula Fastec. How will a 27 ft. boat handle in the ocean. The only salt time that we have is the San Francisco Bay. Any help would be appreciated. Doug

Steamin Rice 07-31-2002 12:29 PM

DMAN,

Sent in my app yesterday...Looking forward to it... Do you have anymore details on the Sat morning charity ride??

27 Daytona,

I have a 29' Shockwave and I plan on running the long course unless the water is really bad that day. I was in the DSM poker run that went from Dana Point to Catalina and it wasn't too bad....

BADA BING 07-31-2002 12:56 PM

Hey SR and Doug, glad to hear you guys are in, I have a 29 SCARAB and usually run the short course, which means I am only leaving out the Avalon stop, because we start pretty early the water is not the issue, but fuel may become an issue, so fill them to the top if you are planning on including the run to Avalon.

This is going to be a Grand Finale event for SCOPE's boating season, and also being the 10th anniversary for the club:) This is an event you don't want to miss.

We look forward to seeing everyone there, TODAY is the FINAL day to get your entries in to avoid the LATE FEE'S:mad:

Don't miss out people, the SCOPE POKER RUN ROCKS!:D

PhantomChaos 07-31-2002 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Jimbo-

There is NO Grande Finale in SCOPE's boating season. Are you kidding me? It's year round boating out here!!!!!!!! It is one of the BIG EVENTS of the year though.

Here is a link to last year's event.

http://www.scopeinfo.com/Photos/2001...-Poker-Run.htm

The run is on Sunday at 9:30............the water will be great. The DSM poker run started at 11:00, almost 11:30 and was from Dana Point, so you go straight into the swells from there. From Long Beach, it's no problemo.

Just get there on Friday as soon as you can. I plan on getting there around NOON. Besides, if you don't go............you'll miss meeting these two guys.

:D :D :D :D :D

ssherman 07-31-2002 02:09 PM

Just looked through all the pictures and what great memories cant wait til this year.

BADA BING 07-31-2002 02:13 PM

I hear the two guys above- Desperado and Tony Soprano are sponsoring the event by washing boats for free, it is only a rumor but if I see these bearded bandit's I will be sure to throw them a sponge and a towel:D :D

Nort I know we boat all year around, but I was just refering to our not having anymore board meetings of importance after this event....I think??? Until after the new year???

Although watching Lu spill down the front of his shirt at every meeting is quite entertaining:D

Seeya tommorow:cool:

rick32 07-31-2002 04:49 PM

Sent my 4 hundo in today !

Rick32

The "R" is for how rediculously hard TEAM DARKSIDE will be slamming Tequila ....

BTW: I think this could be the offical " CIG 1 " coming over to the Darkside Party !

cigarette1 07-31-2002 05:11 PM

Heh heh heh ....:cool:

DEVIL MAN 07-31-2002 05:31 PM

Hey Bada Bing....I think Doug and Steamin Rice were asking me the important questions....me, a ten year poker run vet compared to your first Scope poker run coming up!!!!!

Guys, you can wait until the morning of the run and decide which course to take.....your odds of winning the money are the same no matter what course you take....you could take the long course and after going half way, you could go to the short course....it does not matter.

We start the run at 9:00 am so typically the water is calm and anyone in a 23 foot plus boat should have no problem. We are glad to hear that you guys are coming...make sure to look me up and let me know who you are....we really want you guys to have the time of your life!!!!!

Thanks again,

DMan