Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
in need of a good GO PRO camera and mount. >

in need of a good GO PRO camera and mount.

Notices

in need of a good GO PRO camera and mount.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in need of a good GO PRO camera and mount.

I am looking for a good GO PRO camera and mount for the next time I get pulled over from the patrol. Is there anything out there that has a good mount and easy to use? Also, looking for something small to possible not detect???

Would also like to know of best place to purchase as well?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Registered

http://utvinc.com/gopro-cameras-and-mount/
Why do you want to record them? Or are you going to use it all the time?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Registered

Yes would use other times as well. For when we catch fish or doing poker runs. The patrol on lake erie has been bad! I have heard lots of horrid stories from people being pulled over.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BEST BUY black edition, wide angle, easy suction cup mount will hold at high speeds!
Very clear. Only issue is with the full water proof case the sound is not all that great. Have to use the skeleton case for better sound pick up. Especially from a distance.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MnFastBoat
BEST BUY black edition, wide angle, easy suction cup mount will hold at high speeds!
Very clear. Only issue is with the full water proof case the sound is not all that great. Have to use the skeleton case for better sound pick up. Especially from a distance.
Bingo!! Exactly what I have and where I bought it from. The camera is awesome!! My only complaint is battery life is horrible. I think get about 20 minutes of record time before battery is done.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a MUST have in my opinion! Adds to the time usage greatly. I have done 45 mintues easy.
My one complaint about all the batteries is that is seems like they do not keep the charge when stored.
I have charged them at the end of the day to only find them slightly low the next time I went to use it
I plan on buying a few more back up batteries, just the hard thing in charging them seperatly.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/GoPro+-+...3#tab=overview

Originally Posted by cp5899
Bingo!! Exactly what I have and where I bought it from. The camera is awesome!! My only complaint is battery life is horrible. I think get about 20 minutes of record time before battery is done.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTECH-ANGLER
I am looking for a good GO PRO camera and mount for the next time I get pulled over from the patrol. Is there anything out there that has a good mount and easy to use? Also, looking for something small to possible not detect???

Would also like to know of best place to purchase as well?
This is the exact reason I carry the GoPro on the boat. I was stopped a few years back and wished I had it then… I don’t know if the video would be admissible in court if the camera is hidden but then again, I’m not a lawyer. If I get stopped again – I’ll be recording. I use the suction cup mount on the faring with no issues. Best Buy should have everything you need.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Registered

You may also want to consider this: http://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-XS100...pr_product_top

For the money it has pretty solid reviews and does not need an external case for waterproofing (sound is much better). Also has image stabilization and is a great price. I'm looking at getting one soon (primarily becuase I want the image stabilization and auto-rotation). Also has better battery life. I think they have this one on sale at Tiger Direct for even cheaper than Amazon.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't aware of the bigger battery. Ill be getting one of those for sure. The battery situation reminds me of my first digital camera in the late 90's early 2000. Batteries lasted minutes from just picture taking. Lol
Old 07-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Registered

with the GoPro 3's now out, check out your local craigslist for 2's. They are cheap. I just bought a complete motorsports package from a guy locally last week for $100. He had the chesty, suction cup and both clamp on mounts as well.

you can add the wifi back to a 2 and control it from your wifi apply product.

I have 3 now. 2 we place fore and aft on the windshield and the other the kids wear on the chesty when playing int he water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.