Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
O.T. Best Wax for a Black Vehicle >

O.T. Best Wax for a Black Vehicle

Notices

O.T. Best Wax for a Black Vehicle

Old 07-31-2002, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most stuff u have to use in a COOL place out of the sunlight....try race glaze...bad ass stuff...use on a hot hood, right in direct light!...first clay the car...works best on black!
Old 07-31-2002, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a black truck once and hands down the best looking and longest lasting was Meguires Deep Crystal Pure Carnuba. Its harder to apply than a paste wax but it last twice as long. It is not a cleaner so any polishing must be done before hand with some other product. The stuff is almost as hard as candle wax.

Second place was the Mothers Carnuba and cleaner. Easier to apply and cleans also but last half as long.

Dont own a black vehicle anymore and probably wont ever again.

Ron
Old 07-31-2002, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zaino does work good.

The main wax I use is Super Glaze, it is really awesome stuff. This has to be the easiest wax I have used....no messy white junk all over the place and it's really a breeze to apply and take off. I've owned several black cars and I'd have to say that out of all the stuff I've used, Zaino, Meguiars, 3m, Mothers, etc etc Super Glaze worked the best for me.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Eagle 1 Wet
Old 07-31-2002, 01:27 PM
Punk Rocket

Zymol. Made my black Mercedes paint look better than new. Also used it on my black Harleys. Excellent wax.

www.zymol.com

Last edited by Punk Rocket; 07-31-2002 at 01:29 PM.

Old 07-31-2002, 01:33 PM
turbo2256

Zymoil is my choice too. Have ony used there swirl remover and wax cleaner havent had a chance to purchase their straight up wax yet. Blue Ribbon products is another I have used great stuff but hard to purchase. they are mostly interested in selling to detail shops. Their stuff lasted longer than any wax I have ever used and easyest to apply and pollish up great shine

Last edited by turbo2256; 07-31-2002 at 01:36 PM.

Old 07-31-2002, 01:59 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 945 Likes on 474 Posts
Default Re: Zaino Bros

Originally posted by Birch
WALLY!

I have that on my black car. I got the car new and it's the only thing I've used on it.

WOW!!!!!! The stuff is sah-weeeeeet!!! Looks awesome and very very easy to use!

I'm up at Northpoint a couple of times a month... I'll be up there more after Ironman Wisconsin in mid September if you want to take a look.
Where do you get it around here? Or do you order it online straight from them?

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-31-2002, 02:04 PM
Birch

You pretty much have to order it from them. The pain is that they do not have online ordering.

If you want to do an online ordering, Ekerds (or something like that... a Corvette shop) has the stuff.

Old 07-31-2002, 02:22 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 945 Likes on 474 Posts
Question

Thanks man! Thats what i figured.

Do you have to go through all their steps in putting it on the car? or are there short cuts and skipping some of the applications?

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-31-2002, 03:26 PM
22Velocity

Cool

Wally, I have been polishing cars and boats since 1958 and I have never come across a product that shines and holds up the way Zaino Brothers products do. I live north of you in Brookfield, Wi. There is a distributor here in Brookfield for Zaino. His name is Jim Booth. He can be reached at 262-790-0900.or www.cau-LLC.com. The prices are the same as the Zaino Bros.com web site.The first time you use the Products you should follow each of Sal Zainos steps.You will be amazed how easy your car or boat stays clean with this product. Frank

Quick Reply: O.T. Best Wax for a Black Vehicle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.