Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Some Great Testimonials and Pics from our customers. >

Some Great Testimonials and Pics from our customers.

Notices

Some Great Testimonials and Pics from our customers.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Great Testimonials and Pics from our customers.

A testimonial from a recent class on Lake Havasu from Dave Magoo:

A HUGE THANK YOU to Tres and Karen for putting on an incredibly informative 2 day ULTRA Performance Boating Class. I had expected to learn a great deal from the information presented and demonstrated on the water in my own boat with Tres, but the material presented in the classroom was invaluable. The way he teaches the class starting with SAFETY, Insurance, basic boating operation and laws, trailering, hull design, a thorough and in depth explanation of how and why different hull designs work, or not, Trim Tabs, Trim, how to turn safely, evasive maneuvers and so on... and the order he teaches the subject matter, all helps you to digest, then apply the techniques he teaches, much quicker than I had expected. Having a thorough understanding of how a particular hull design works, is key, to learning how to properly and safely operate the vessel. I purposely waited to post my endorsement of the course until I had time to go and apply what I had learned from it, on my own in the boat. I put about 25 hours on the DCB F32 after the class, and I think even my wife would say that she feels MUCH more comfortable and confident, even when cruising above 100 MPH.... which is HUGE. I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND the course to everyone who operates a performance boat. I have been boating for 50 years, thought I knew a thing or two.... Tres taught me I still had a LOT to learn! THANKS AGAIN MAN.... it was absolutely the best boating experience I've ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like · Reply · about an hour ago

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504208[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Some Great Testimonials and Pics from our customers.-dave-magoo.jpg  
Old 07-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Registered

Neil Hamilton 36 Nortech

Cat purchase experience.

Just thought I'd share my recent experience, purchasing a cat. In case other dreamers, like myself, think the hoops and hurdles are not worth the trouble. I found some aspects eye opening, compared to what I had in my mind. Especially cost. Bottom line, every aspect was way easier, and less expensive than I had anticipated.

I was really concerned because of my age (37) only two boats owned (25 outlaw and Cig 42 Tiger) and zero cat experience, insurance costs would make a cat unattainable. I was pleasantly surprised.

Since Key West 04, seeing my first Nor-Tech 36, I knew that was the rig for me. When I was ready to buy and finally found one I liked, and was within my budget, I contacted Sy Goldberg. He contacted me back within a couple of hours. I asked for two quotes, one with the Tres Martin course, and one without. He told me the Tres Martin course was mandatory. The rough quote was around 3K. I almost fell over. Couldn't believe how reasonable. He called back with the firm, final quote, $3300.00. I was ecstatic. I've heard horror stories over the years of 8 to 10+ thousand. I reviewed the policy and opted to raise the liability to 1 million rather than the 300K he had quoted. It raised my rate only $300.00. I just couldn't believe it. This amount was way less thank I expected.

The next step was contacting Tres. Because there is really no class offering near me, I asked if he'd come to me. I had no idea that was an option. He said yes. He scheduled me, and just asked that I pay his flight, rental car, and hotel. He stayed with a friend so the hotel portion was saved. And Karen found him a flight that was incredibly reasonable. Again, I was so please to know how easy that part was. He came to my home, with Karen (Karen covered her own flight). In the family living room I took the course, prior to hitting the Lake in my boat with him. It was fantastic. I learned so much. He was super knowledgeable, super patient. I recommend the course to anyone, even the most seasoned boaters.

Anyhow, it seems some are under the impression the average guy can't make this type of thing work. I'm an average guy. And it worked. Was as affordable as it could be. And I'm in my dream cat and couldn't be happier.

Huge thank you to Sy, Tres, and Karen, and also Chris (cowisl) for scoping out the rig for me.

Neil

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504209[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Some Great Testimonials and Pics from our customers.-neil-hamilton.jpg  
Old 01-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Registered

A testimonial for Cory Hakes:

As performance boaters, all too often we spend too much time focusing on the latest boat, hottest rig, who's going how fast, and where the next poker run is being held.

In truth, while I believe every boat has safety in mind, ones true devotion to understanding their boat, handling characteristics, and water conditions isn't where it should be which is TOP OF MIND.

I was one of these boaters. Well, up until I took one of Tres' courses via the Performance Boat School. The intensive two day course consisted of both classroom setting teachings as well as on the water vessel training. We learned about the dynamics and influence water has on the hull of our boats, handling water conditions, navigating around other operators, and most importantly how to track your position in relation to congested waters! All I can say is WOW! My years of operation paled in comparison to what I learned in a few short hours.

Next, we hit the water but not before our pre launch check. Again, while I thought I "knew" what to look for, Tres helped establish the foundation of a true launch pre-check. This was a recurring theme through out the course: SAFETY. After the check we idled to open water where Tres took the helm to gain an understanding of how my boat handled and baseline operating parameters. From here he let me take the helm but not until the kill switch was safely secured to my wrist. Again, safety is paramount.

As we moved through the on-water instruction I found I was in a new boat. Before we hit the water I knew the boat rode better than my last boat but what I didn't know is that I had all the basic operations wrong. From trim position, tab position, and boat speed, I was not operating safely.

The course not only provided a ride that I had never dreamed possible in my boat but most importantly I was enjoying the experience more than I ever had before. I now had the skill set necessary to operate with confidence but not beyond my capabilities all while providing an outstanding experience for my passengers.

From start to finish and months after Tres has been an awesome resource and has brought to light an even greater appreciation for the sport/hobby my family and I enjoy.

Time and time again I share with anyone who will listen: Tres' course is the best investment I have EVER made!

Sincerely,

Cory Hakes
Sunsation - 288 MCOB

Last edited by Tres; 01-16-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:25 PM
Registered

Default Testimonial from Jared Morris of Sunsation Power Boats

Regardless of the type or use of boat, I would strongly encourage Tres Martin's Boating Safety Course. I have made many changes to my boating lifestyle after taking the course personally. Prior to the course, I rarely wore my life jacket or key kill switch wrist band. Both are required by me now after learning a new respect from Tres. As a driver or captain I am responsible for my passengers at higher speeds or recreational use with my young daughter and family.

At high speeds, Tres improved my boating maneuvers, steering and turns. Knowing how and why the boat operates and functions improved my shoot out speed times winning the Lake of the Ozarks Shoot Out in my classification consecutive years after taking the class.

For a financial bonus, the class certification has lowered our boat insurance policy premium every year.

On a personal level, I respect Tres and feel comfortable calling him for questions or boating advise.

Jared Morris
Sunsation Boats
Old 01-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

I can only state that the course has been an asset for our exclusive high performance boat insurance program.I've had many people take the course due to guideline requirements and some due to my underwriting judgement and the comments were all the same. 'Ididn't know what I didn't know "I.m lucky to be alive" and many other similar statements.KEEP TEACHING !
Old 05-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Registered

Default Testimonial from LOTO class last week

Tres,

Just wanted to say thank you for all your instruction, the classroom portion of the course brought about a whole different outlook on boat safety as well as why boats perform and handle the way they do in different settings. The driving portion was spot on, I used your instruction Saturday and Sunday on LOTO and felt very comfortable and safe not only up and down the lake but at the dock as well!! Again thanks for sharing your knowledge and making power boating a safer ride!

Thank You,

M CON, LLC
Old 05-13-2014, 12:29 PM
Registered

Class from last week.

Tres,
I really enjoyed the class and learned a lot. Both safety and knowledge make me feel much more comfortable. I hope I can get a couple performance boater friends to take your class, I believe they would loose a few bad and unsafe boating habits. I practiced the on water skills over the weekend along with the docking skills both forward and reverse you taught me "PRICELESS"! My wife was impressed also! Didn't know she was watching out the window while we did some of the dock parking maneuvers. Thanks again for your patience!

Kindest Regards,
Kevin and Betty Born
Old 06-18-2014, 01:41 PM
Registered

Default Another great Testimonial from one of our students:

Brad,
I just wanted to say thanks for coming to Grand Lake this past week. Through your instruction I learned so many techniques to safely operate my Skater in so many different conditions. As you know my wife and I ran the “Brad Smith Memorial Poker Run” on Saturday with very windy and rough conditions without any issues. It just amazed me that I could run in those conditions and be safe at the same time.
Chris Helt
Old 09-28-2015, 03:47 PM
Registered

Default Get testimonial from one of our customers. The new 35 Wide body DCB "Lickity Split"

This course is an absolute MUST!! Tres' experience, knowledge, insights and professionalism are unparalleled in this industry. Once Tres explains what is actually happening underneath the boat a "Light was turned on" for me as to Why the boat responds the way it does. With this knowledge I now am able to quickly recognize and properly respond to the boat's feedback resulting in a much Safer and enjoyable Performance Boating Experience!!
Thanks Tres!! Looking forward to seeing you at LOTO!!
JP O'Donoghue
Old 06-29-2016, 06:53 PM
Registered

Default Another Great Testimonial....

Tres, 06/21/2016

I wanted to say thank you for starting this performance boating school. I took your class a few months ago in Lake Havasu and loved it! I'm 26 years old and very new to the boating world. I bought my first boat last year which was a 19ft Yamaha and sold it a few months later and bought a 26ft DCB/KMG. My friends at Maxed Out Marina, where I bought the boat, highly recommended your class to me by saying its a 100% must if your going to be driving a performance boat. Your 2 day class was amazing. I learned all the ins and outs of how boats drive, handle and the dangers. The way you taught the class was perfect, as you made sure every person understood each category before moving onto the next. I was never good in school taking in and remembering all the curriculum in 1 day but you made it easy. I thought I knew the correct ways to drive a boat but I was all wrong and would have never learned the correct safe ways without your class. Ever since I took your class I have become better and more comfortable when driving. The best part for me is seeing the confidence in my family and friends while I'm driving knowing they are safe while I'm driving. I can truly say I understand the importance and safety of performance boating and would recommend it to everyone that has a performance boat. When I first looked up the classes I was surprised on the price and almost didn't sign up, but I listened to my friends advices and took the class. For everyone second guessing this class, remember you always get what you pay for. I know it's expensive but if you can afford a performance boat you can afford this class. So don't cheat yourself out. Safety is always first and you can't put a price on that. Thanks again Tres for the most educational class I ever took!

Best Regards
Brandon Bandera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.