Notices

Photographer Jay Nichols Injured During Boyne Thunder Poker Run

Old 07-17-2013, 07:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
Bob and I typing at the same time.
LOL, Bill. Glad we were on the same page and saying basically the same thing.

So people know Lori has a 4.5 to 5 hr drive each way to get Jay and is to be commended for that. Actually the both of you for all you have done for Jay both before and since the accident. Very nice and thank you both.

Bob
Old 07-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
He may be staying with Ronnie for a bit until it is determined he can fly back to FL.
Well nothing can go wrong there.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 797 Likes on 449 Posts

...most people only have to worry about their back stiffing up immediately post op.

It's nice to hear that so many OSO'ers have stepped up to help Jay out so quickly. Like the old saying goes, you don't really know who your friends are until you really need them.

We wish Jay a speedy recovery and hope he is back to normal (as well as to be expected after back surgery) soon!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

The latest on Jay at 8:30 PM on Thursday:

As planned Lori Lemanske drove up to Petosky this morning to get Jay. I spoke with both of them and and after a lengthy process Jay was finally discharged from the hospital in the early afternoon and started the long ride back to Detroit. Jay was very uncomfortable however Lori Lori tells me she just left him at Ronnie’s where he is now resting and will stay and recuperate until he can fly back to FL. It will be just a day to day thing and we will hope he gains strength and the pain becomes less as each day passes.
Kudos to Lori and Ronnie for stepping up and helping Jay. Just one of the many things I like about our offshore family, we are there for each other especially at times like this.
Again, get well soon Jay. I will now only post further if there is a change in Jay’s condition. He is in good hands and on the road to recovery. I expect in a day or so he may be able to post and tell us of his progress.

Bob
Old 07-18-2013, 09:35 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Great to hear Bob. Thank you for the updates !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-19-2013, 07:09 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for posting Bob, Lori was very tired when she got home but was glad Jay was put in good hands.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smile

Originally Posted by bill63
Thanks for posting Bob, Lori was very tired when she got home but was glad Jay was put in good hands.
No problem, Bill. I know Jay has a ton of friends who are concerned for him and wanted to know how he was progressing since the accident. I still have to go thru all my pm's, texts and e mails with best wish messages to pass along to him. I will do that today.

Yes, Lori did great yesterday with spending at least 10 + hrs on the road, waiting at the hospital etc. I said to her just before getting home that you and Billy would likely have dinner all prepared for her. She said that was the funniest thing she had heard in a long time !! LOL All the best and thanks to you both.

Bob
Old 07-19-2013, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 906 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
The latest on Jay at 8:30 PM on Thursday:

Jay was very uncomfortable however Lori Lori tells me she just left him at Ronnie’s where he is now resting and will stay and recuperate until he can fly back to FL.
Bob

Just to clarify: "Ronnie's" is the Flight Club guy's house? Im picturing strippers waiting on Jay wearing naughty nurse outfits...........Hey Ron, just a heads up, JAY IS NEVER LEAVING!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Just to clarify: "Ronnie's" is the Flight Club guy's house? Im picturing strippers waiting on Jay wearing naughty nurse outfits...........Hey Ron, just a heads up, JAY IS NEVER LEAVING!
Yes, that is correct JS. I agree, Ron could have a problem getting him out of there. When we see pics of Jay dancing at the club we will know it is time for him to go home. LOL
Old 07-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man Jay is a tuff SOB. I could baarely stand the 40 min ride home from the hospital after my back surgery. I was damn near in tears most of the way... I would not have been able to deal with a 4.5 hr ride.... Jay, you are the man!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.