Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
Could a FOUNTATION be in the future ?
OYE VEY.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ran across this article today on this thread and I just smiled “ear to ear”….
Congrats to Wayne, Joe and the rest of their team.............what a testament Reggie's recent plant visit is to Sunsation Powerboats !!)
Here's what's really cool.....
All of us “Go Fast” Powerboaters’ have respect for Reggie Fountain’s accomplishments and contributions to this industry over the years without ANY doubt!! (He's a huge part of the history of this industry)
I remember when I first learned about Sunsation at the Miami Boat show in 2007….when they won, not just one major show award…….BUT 2 Awards!!!! (Never in Miami Boat show history has one manufacturer one two awards in one year....until 2007 that is!!
*At the time,I was looking for a 30-35’ Offshore boat that could weather the short frequency “ 1-3' Chop” or Oneida Lake along with handling the River "snot" the St. Lawrence River (1000 Islands) dishes out on a daily basis!! My mission was to get inside EVERY Powerboat manufacturer’s offering that met my Base spec* and conduct a full QUALITY evaluation. (I was opening Galley doors, pulling on fixtures to see if they were loose…opening hatches and storage areas…I was looking at the details basically) I went thru the details of EVERY offshore powerboat offering at that Show.............I evaluated Fountain (AWESOME 35 ICBM with Staggered 525's that I nearly bought!!), Formula, Cigarette (Best BOOTH HOTTIES), Velocity (Best Boat deal.....39' Velocity with Staggered 525's XR's Shorties etc....Show special=$200K, Nor-tech, Outerlimits (Golddigger Cat), Hustler (Yanmar Diesel Offering), MTI (Batman boat), Baja, Active Thunder, Eliminator, Sonic, Donzi, Scarab (Incredible Center console Vessel on display) and even Chris Craft!
That year, Sunsation had Two F4's to show .............after my evaluation of the 2 F4's on display, and comparing them with the rest of the competition, I knew I wanted one........I wanted all the Bling and "attention to detail" the F4 afforded make no mistake, but I wanted a 30-35' boat ....Not a 43' foot boat!!!
Long story short.....The moons lined up for me and I bought SSR#1.!! To this day, I think I have one of the fastest 32' boats built with stock 525's/XR's on the planet...........She's fast...and Bulletproof!!
I met Reggie the day we visited his booth at the 2007 Miami Boat show......his son Wyatt was trying his best North Carolina
Tar Heels Press on me regarding the 35 ICBM I was looking at. (101mph GPS with staggered 525's).......I almost bought their display boat at the show.....But then I saw the two F4's................
When Sunsation won those two awards that year.........they sent a major statement to the rest of the pack.............Innovate or be left behind!!!
I'm amazed every time I see Sunsation's l latest offering because it's ALWAY"S exceeding my expectation!! (No BS!!)
......I didn't attend personally but It is my understanding that Reggie paid a visit to the Sunsation Booth at the 2008 Miami Boat Show to "see for himself".......(I'm gonna guess that Reggie Fountain booth visits are a rare dillio) Foreshadowing at it's best baby!!
Kudo's to Wayne, Joe and Team Sunsation!!

Last edited by Filtrman; 07-19-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
"...except; I'd call it a 40 footer."
But it would run 20mph faster.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Well said Filtrman...We still love our 32SSR. Almost 300 hour's of run time and not one issue. They do build a Great boat!! Tom.