Lake Lanier Poker Run reviews:

Notices

Lake Lanier Poker Run reviews:

Old 07-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Lake Lanier Poker Run reviews:

Let me just thank John, Nancy, Greg and every single volunteer for the amazing effort they put out this weekend. What a GREAT event !!

For those that haven't been, I highly recommend a visit. For those of you that have come, I am sure you know how great the event and location are for a well rounded experience.

The count was somewhere between 250-300 boats and over $250k was raised DIRECTLY for the 3 charities. WOW!!

I had the pleasure of running a 32' Skater this weekend(thanks Ryder368 and sickNordic)) and showing off the whole lake and all it includes. The event had every kind of boat you can imagine. With two courses, short/long, everyone from the guys on the PWCs to the fastest 48' MTIs could make the run on their own pace.

It also has to be about the best value in boating. With entry starting at just $100 you can have a great time no matter the budget. Hotels were available from the cost conscious local offerings to the full blown villas and lake houses at the Lake Lanier Islands resort. Ziplining over the lake, horseback riding, the waterpark and championship level golf were also available all week on location.

Watch for all the pictures, videos and articles to come. If you have not been, PLEASE put it on your schedule. If you have been, I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Greg
Old 07-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Couldn't agree with you more Greg. Great event and so many great people there from all over. Was well put on my John, Nancy and his entire staff. Had a blast and will for sure be back next year!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:43 PM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 819 Likes on 605 Posts

Pirates of Lanier Poker Run

Freeze Frame Video had a great time at this event. Thanks to John, Nancy, all their volunteers and everyone else involved for putting on a great race! All helicopter photos from The Cheeseburger In Paradise Fun Run and the Pirates of Lanier Poker Run are posted now on http://www.freezeframevideo.net/. Looking forward to 2014!
Jeff

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 07-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well put Greg, Great event We just keep adding more days each year we go back. Not only three Hundred Entry another couple hundred boats along the course. Every one on the lake wanted us there thanks Nancy and John Kim and Dan and everyone else who helped put on the run.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Registered

Greg, for a man who is boat less you get to captain some of the nicest boats out there.. Dont know how you do it but for some reason I would like to wear your undergarments for a day.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Originally Posted by ItsPeanut
Greg, for a man who is boat less you get to captain some of the nicest boats out there.. Dont know how you do it but for some reason I would like to wear your undergarments for a day.
Just plain lucky I guess. It's certainly not for my skills.

It helps to have great friends and also be a great rope biitch.

SickNordic actually drove the PR, I drove them all around the lake on Friday and showed all the card stops etc. On sat I was the spotter and navigator which helped us cut some distance and make it to the first stop 5th with little ol' 710 Ilmors. :-)

Last edited by Cash Bar; 07-22-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

This was also supposed to be my first run with a new(to me) boat but the timing didn't work. I actually paid for an entry and slip for 4 nights. I sat there staring at the water in the slip all day Thursday. LOL
Old 07-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Registered

Well at least send us a pic of the slip.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Registered

I agree had a blast and my favorite run too date. Everyone was there for the charity and i was told thank you at almost every stop for being involved in the poker run.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a total blast and I thank you for persuading me to come! also want to thank Chris Ryder for traveling down (trip from hell!) and letting me drive his awesome boat! I am sure we will be back next year!
Hopefully in Greg's new boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.