Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Illinois put's a price on non (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/300160-illinois-puts-price-non.html)

32 Active Thunder 07-22-2013 07:08 PM

27 foot and under on the chain there will be no boats left!!

the deep 07-22-2013 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 3963003)
Shame on the citizens for letting their elected officials enact this garbage. Sorry, it comes down to US, if nobody raises a stink then shame on us.

America, land of the free...a long time ago.

Can you say " Career Politicians " . It is no longer about " We The People " Y'all know how I feel about my Freedom .

Back4More 07-22-2013 07:27 PM

thats our Illinois for ya

Awash 07-22-2013 08:19 PM

The states severely in debt one more way of generating some revenue, welcome to the PRI (Peoples Republic of Illinois) you can pay at the state line or were going to get you for operating your inner-tube without a license if your caught operating that tube intoxicated OWI....it's the law!

H2O DOG 07-22-2013 09:12 PM

That is absolutely one of the stupidest laws I have ever heard of! A registration sticker for an inner tube with the possibility of an OWI and being required to wear a life vest while floating on the thing. WTF are those idiots smoking?

dlange 07-22-2013 09:31 PM

It's not land of lincoln. It's land of Chicago.
Southern illinois means nothing

pstorti 07-23-2013 05:11 AM

free country my A$$, no wonder the rest of the world thinks we are idiots

Smitty 07-23-2013 07:26 AM

1. I guess its good for me on the Chain since I have a 36 footer. I can go as fast as I want. **** I STAND CORRECTED !!! Evidently the new law trying to get passed is that I will NO LONGER be able to run on the Chain due to size limit of 27 ft. and a speed limit. Please see below. Now more than ever !!! And I feel sorry for all of those businesses that will close due to the slashing of revenues due to this bullship !!!

2. They have given me another reason to get the hell out of this damn state !!!!

3. Texas or Florida here I come !!!!

4. Time to call the realtor today !!!

ratman 07-23-2013 09:16 AM

hey there are a lot of mouths to feed in the growing welfare state...

iamjoe 07-23-2013 10:30 AM

Illinois Sucks! I grew up on the Chain and spent many moons out there. It was the only reason I stayed as long as I did before I woke up and moved as far away as I could. Lets see, the past two Governors are convicted felons; one just got sprung after doing a 5-year stretch and the other is doing 14-years in a Federal hotel in Colorado. The first guy (George Ryan) was convicted of a long list of BS which culminated in an entire family (all the kids, the parents lived) being wiped out in a fiery crash outside of Milwaukee by a DP polish truck driver who bought his license from Ryans people. The second guy (Rod Blagoyivich) was convicted of trying to sell Obamas senate seat. He was to stupid to keep his mouth shut, talked out of his ass, and was taped over and over again. Then you have Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife spending their campaign fund on Rolexes and sports memorabilia. These are just the recent ones. Dan Rostenkowski, Crane, who knows who else......................... You've got black kids killing each other on the South side on an hourly basis, simply because that's all the know. What a waste. It was better when the Daley machine ran the city along with the outfit and the state guys just followed their lead. BTW, I moved to Florida and now have have a guy in the Govs office who simply bought the election. I'm telling you guys, I should be king! It would take me about 20-minutes to straighten all of this BS out.