Old 07-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
I grew up in WI, and when I go back, I'm a "FIB TAB"

"Fcking Illinois Bastard, Towing A Boat"
Bwhaha better even then an Illinoyance!

Originally Posted by Sonic Steve
Smitty you need to get out on lake Michigan more often there is quite a few area's to throw a anchor and swim as far as bars quite a few in Kenosha and more in Racine. As far as wave conditions there has not been too many times we have been stuck at the dock especially if you have a 36' boat.
Amen to that, Southport marina and places around it in walking distance are a blast and if were too tired we stay at the Best Western or on the boat showers and bathrooms are nice at the marina. Just North of Kenosha is a little inlet I haven't figured out what it is but always see boats anchored in there and people hanging out.

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Somebody buy this guy's trailer so he can afford punctuation! See what IL does to us? No money for commas, even! I hate this state.
I can't stop laughing!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The chain is over crowded and full of goofs!!!!!!! Looks like ill have to use my water skis more until they put a tax on them!!!!

Last edited by 86242ls; 07-25-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Somebody buy this guy's trailer so he can afford punctuation! See what IL does to us? No money for commas, even! I hate this state.
hahahaha
Old 07-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
The problem with Lk Michigan is that you will spend a lot of time sitting on your boat in the harbor due to rough water, no where to anchor and hang out etc. Want to go to a cool bar etc. ? Head to Milwaukee and burn a ton of fuel and hope the winds don't change for the ride home. Yes the Chain is a mud puddle, but you have many choices to do things etc. And a run to Chicago uses even more fuel than going to Milwaukee !!!
I don't see how you have such trouble on Lake Michigan in a 36' boat. I have a 31' and love it. Tons of room to run your boat and no idiots in your way. There are a lot of beaches you can pull up to and throw anchor. plus the water is CLEAR! There are plenty of harbors to stop at all over the lake. I agree it can get snotty fast, but that also adds some excitement!
Old 07-26-2013, 01:37 PM
VIP Member

Sonic Steve--- I guess I am cursed or something. Everytime my boat goes into Lk. Michigan the waves can be flat at first and 1 hr later 3-5 ftrs. Or it was sunny and 1 hr later cloudy.The best (or worst) time was when we went down to Chicago and decided to go down the river. Shame on me for not keeping an ear to the marine forecast constantly. A front changed direction and waves went from 1 foot to 3-6 with an occasional hole. Plus it was dark. I ended up going back into the river, had a buddy cab it to get truck/trailer and bring it to Diversey for me to load.

Maybe I will pray to the lake gods before I go out for a better day !!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok illinois changed their minds on having stickers on tubes,,all elase stands..they can still pull you over on them for speeding and give you a owi..

Illinois Department of Natural Resources
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) has reviewed the inclusion of inner tubes among non-powered watercraft required to display the Water Usage Stamp, and has decided to eliminate the requirement that Water Usage Stamps be purchased for inner tubes.

Refunds may be requested by submitting the following to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702-1271:

1) A letter requesting a refund for a Water Usage Stamp purchased for an inner tube;
2) The Water Usage Stamp that was purchased
3) The receipt of purchase (license square) that was attached to the Water Usage Stamp;
4) Contact telephone number;
5) IDNR Customer ID number (optional);
6) IDNR Transaction number from the Water Usage Stamp (optional)

The IDNR hopes to provide requested refunds within 120 days of receipt of the letter including the above information.

This change involving inner tubes does not affect the Water Usage Stamp requirement for all other non-powered watercraft – it only exempts inner tubes from requirements of displaying a Water Usage Stamp. The IDNR’s interpretation of a float tube is “any inflatable device that was previously required to be registered and titled, including but not limited to inflatable boats and belly boats.”

One purpose of implementing the Water Usage Stamp is to end the requirement that paddlers title and register their watercraft. Funds generated through sale of the Water Usage Stamp will be used to improve legal and adequate access to rivers and streams for the paddling community.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Registered

Funds generated through sale of the Water Usage Stamp will be used to improve legal and adequate access to rivers and streams for the paddling community.

Yea sure it will
Old 07-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Registered

lol what a scam... its like one of those mail in rebates! they know damn well no one is gonna spend the time and money to get a $6 refund! ha
Old 07-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dsparis
Funds generated through sale of the Water Usage Stamp will be used to improve legal and adequate access to rivers and streams for the paddling community.

Yea sure it will
Yeah watch,,their thinking we made a bunch of money off the boaters that failed to pay enough tax's on their boats and trailers,,now we will go after their accessories...