Illinois put's a price on non >

Illinois put's a price on non

Notices

Illinois put's a price on non

Old 07-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Illinois put's a price on non

motorised water vehicles.. they will also give you a owi when floating down river on a innertube.what a bunch of BS! 6$$$ sticker fee..

http://wrex.m0bl.net/w/main/story/96090168/
Old 07-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a bunch of crap, Thank you Government
Old 07-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

welcome to illinois,PAY UP SUCKERS,and it is only going to get worse.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Registered

amazing that a place can try and rival California for the most stupid laws rules and regulations.....they must have finally read about the trans fat and 32oz soda ban in new york and figured they were losing ground and they needed to step up......or perhaps the foie gras ban in california

a DWI for tubing....if that does not let you know it is all about the money and they don't give a damn about saving people then nothing will.....officer I was hurt when that person paddled up behind me and smashed into me in a giant inflated tube made of rubber....I think I have whiplash......I suppose you then go after their innertube insurance company for lost work and wages and inability to give the wife the old in out in out....oh wait what is that there is no insurance required to operate an innertube......well yet anyway

and even worse life vest on an innertube......how douche bag is that.....never mind the gang bangers killing each other off with impunity (not that that is a bad thing) but when you hold your gun more crooked than your mouf of gold teeth you often miss and hit the 6yo on the bike......I suppose in illinois fashion all 6yos will now need a bullet proof vest and a kevlar helmet capable of stopping up to a .45 to ride a bike on the street

I can't believe there are really people that think this crap up much less actually say it out loud or ask others to vote for it.....and then damn it actually passes

registration stickers on innertubes and canoes and kayaks....the best part is they are going to take that cash and if the residents of illinois are lucky they will just flush it down the toilet if they are unlucky see the above insurance requirements for canoes, kayaks and innertubes and other stupid crap that makes the cost of life unbearable
Old 07-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Registered

Start a public forum. Get the thing voted out.

But ya talk about a money grab.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Heard about this a couple weeks ago. There is a small river kids always float down near here. 4th of July weekend a bunch of people got ticketed. God love this state!!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Registered

Speaking of dumb Illinois laws our fabulous gov Quinn signed the bill that charges oui on your driving record and there's a proposed 45 mph speed limit with a 27' and under law on the fox chain...what a croc
Old 07-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Detroit filed for bankruptcy today.....putting the pensions of currently retired former city employees at risk....as in fire, police, med field......

Now chicago is looking at the same.....

I smell a law suit in the making. If I am in a tube, tethered to a registered vessel, I am now an extension of that vessel.....same as the prop or Bimini or name on the transom.....so if i don't have a vest on while moored sitting on the platform kicking my feet, be damn sure I ain't wearing one in a tube tethered to the boat.

OWI? Operating while intoxicated? WTF? You don't "operate" a tube....it goes with the current. You do, however, have a slight chance to "operate" a life vest....

How did this crap pass without a vote? Not a council vote, I hope. Either way, they see this as a stop-gap to ebb the hemorrhage, but they obviously didn't think about the potential loss if sued.....
Old 07-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Registered

Shame On Them..........all about the $$$
Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Cigar Boat
Shame On Them..........all about the $$$
Shame on the citizens for letting their elected officials enact this garbage. Sorry, it comes down to US, if nobody raises a stink then shame on us.

America, land of the free...a long time ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.