Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Illinois put's a price on non (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/300160-illinois-puts-price-non.html)

FIXX 07-22-2013 03:57 PM

Illinois put's a price on non

motorised water vehicles.. they will also give you a owi when floating down river on a innertube.what a bunch of BS! 6$$$ sticker fee..

http://wrex.m0bl.net/w/main/story/96090168/

rfgonzo 07-22-2013 04:26 PM

That is a bunch of crap, Thank you Government

mike tkach 07-22-2013 04:35 PM

welcome to illinois,PAY UP SUCKERS,and it is only going to get worse.

TexasVines 07-22-2013 04:53 PM

amazing that a place can try and rival California for the most stupid laws rules and regulations.....they must have finally read about the trans fat and 32oz soda ban in new york and figured they were losing ground and they needed to step up......or perhaps the foie gras ban in california

a DWI for tubing....if that does not let you know it is all about the money and they don't give a damn about saving people then nothing will.....officer I was hurt when that person paddled up behind me and smashed into me in a giant inflated tube made of rubber....I think I have whiplash......I suppose you then go after their innertube insurance company for lost work and wages and inability to give the wife the old in out in out....oh wait what is that there is no insurance required to operate an innertube......well yet anyway

and even worse life vest on an innertube......how douche bag is that.....never mind the gang bangers killing each other off with impunity (not that that is a bad thing) but when you hold your gun more crooked than your mouf of gold teeth you often miss and hit the 6yo on the bike......I suppose in illinois fashion all 6yos will now need a bullet proof vest and a kevlar helmet capable of stopping up to a .45 to ride a bike on the street

I can't believe there are really people that think this crap up much less actually say it out loud or ask others to vote for it.....and then damn it actually passes :eekdrop:

registration stickers on innertubes and canoes and kayaks....the best part is they are going to take that cash and if the residents of illinois are lucky they will just flush it down the toilet if they are unlucky see the above insurance requirements for canoes, kayaks and innertubes and other stupid crap that makes the cost of life unbearable

Nightlife1970 07-22-2013 05:27 PM

Start a public forum. Get the thing voted out.

But ya talk about a money grab.

SLOWRIDE-388 07-22-2013 06:07 PM

Heard about this a couple weeks ago. There is a small river kids always float down near here. 4th of July weekend a bunch of people got ticketed. God love this state!!

Hilgy88 07-22-2013 06:08 PM

Speaking of dumb Illinois laws our fabulous gov Quinn signed the bill that charges oui on your driving record and there's a proposed 45 mph speed limit with a 27' and under law on the fox chain...what a croc

commandersander 07-22-2013 06:11 PM

Detroit filed for bankruptcy today.....putting the pensions of currently retired former city employees at risk....as in fire, police, med field......

Now chicago is looking at the same.....

I smell a law suit in the making. If I am in a tube, tethered to a registered vessel, I am now an extension of that vessel.....same as the prop or Bimini or name on the transom.....so if i don't have a vest on while moored sitting on the platform kicking my feet, be damn sure I ain't wearing one in a tube tethered to the boat.

OWI? Operating while intoxicated? WTF? You don't "operate" a tube....it goes with the current. You do, however, have a slight chance to "operate" a life vest....

How did this crap pass without a vote? Not a council vote, I hope. Either way, they see this as a stop-gap to ebb the hemorrhage, but they obviously didn't think about the potential loss if sued.....

Cigar Boat 07-22-2013 06:24 PM

Shame On Them..........all about the $$$

Indy 07-22-2013 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cigar Boat (Post 3962981)
Shame On Them..........all about the $$$

Shame on the citizens for letting their elected officials enact this garbage. Sorry, it comes down to US, if nobody raises a stink then shame on us.

America, land of the free...a long time ago.

32 Active Thunder 07-22-2013 07:08 PM

27 foot and under on the chain there will be no boats left!!

the deep 07-22-2013 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 3963003)
Shame on the citizens for letting their elected officials enact this garbage. Sorry, it comes down to US, if nobody raises a stink then shame on us.

America, land of the free...a long time ago.

Can you say " Career Politicians " . It is no longer about " We The People " Y'all know how I feel about my Freedom .

Back4More 07-22-2013 07:27 PM

thats our Illinois for ya

Awash 07-22-2013 08:19 PM

The states severely in debt one more way of generating some revenue, welcome to the PRI (Peoples Republic of Illinois) you can pay at the state line or were going to get you for operating your inner-tube without a license if your caught operating that tube intoxicated OWI....it's the law!

H2O DOG 07-22-2013 09:12 PM

That is absolutely one of the stupidest laws I have ever heard of! A registration sticker for an inner tube with the possibility of an OWI and being required to wear a life vest while floating on the thing. WTF are those idiots smoking?

dlange 07-22-2013 09:31 PM

It's not land of lincoln. It's land of Chicago.
Southern illinois means nothing

pstorti 07-23-2013 05:11 AM

free country my A$$, no wonder the rest of the world thinks we are idiots

Smitty 07-23-2013 07:26 AM

1. I guess its good for me on the Chain since I have a 36 footer. I can go as fast as I want. **** I STAND CORRECTED !!! Evidently the new law trying to get passed is that I will NO LONGER be able to run on the Chain due to size limit of 27 ft. and a speed limit. Please see below. Now more than ever !!! And I feel sorry for all of those businesses that will close due to the slashing of revenues due to this bullship !!!

2. They have given me another reason to get the hell out of this damn state !!!!

3. Texas or Florida here I come !!!!

4. Time to call the realtor today !!!

ratman 07-23-2013 09:16 AM

hey there are a lot of mouths to feed in the growing welfare state...

iamjoe 07-23-2013 10:30 AM

Illinois Sucks! I grew up on the Chain and spent many moons out there. It was the only reason I stayed as long as I did before I woke up and moved as far away as I could. Lets see, the past two Governors are convicted felons; one just got sprung after doing a 5-year stretch and the other is doing 14-years in a Federal hotel in Colorado. The first guy (George Ryan) was convicted of a long list of BS which culminated in an entire family (all the kids, the parents lived) being wiped out in a fiery crash outside of Milwaukee by a DP polish truck driver who bought his license from Ryans people. The second guy (Rod Blagoyivich) was convicted of trying to sell Obamas senate seat. He was to stupid to keep his mouth shut, talked out of his ass, and was taped over and over again. Then you have Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife spending their campaign fund on Rolexes and sports memorabilia. These are just the recent ones. Dan Rostenkowski, Crane, who knows who else......................... You've got black kids killing each other on the South side on an hourly basis, simply because that's all the know. What a waste. It was better when the Daley machine ran the city along with the outfit and the state guys just followed their lead. BTW, I moved to Florida and now have have a guy in the Govs office who simply bought the election. I'm telling you guys, I should be king! It would take me about 20-minutes to straighten all of this BS out.

Hilgy88 07-23-2013 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by 32 Active Thunder (Post 3963012)
27 foot and under on the chain there will be no boats left!!

Yeah there's no way! its all thanks to that borcia idiot that was pulling his kid on the tube on petite in the middle of the lake on a Saturday trying to blame everyone and everything he can but himself

articfriends 07-23-2013 04:37 PM

What a bunch of BS, so a guy could own a waterfront house on the chain with a 36 ft boat parked out front on the water and his boat has just been made illegal to operate??? I would be BEYOND pizzed!!!

the deep 07-23-2013 05:06 PM

It could be that someone is looking way down the road to a time when everything is slow no wake and fuel and insurance become so expensive that all of us will be boating in inner-tubes . My tube will be a 5 seater with Skater painted on the sides by the Pimp of the Nation dude . Never mind , a fancy paint job will also be highly taxed . :angry-smiley-038:

Revd Up 07-24-2013 12:04 AM

I think we need to get rid of the DNR. What a bunch of jack wads! The local county police can take care of everything just fine. The DNR has this almighty attitude and will write tickets for anything they can dream up. All they are trying to do is get another income source to fund their existence. Last year they were crying they didn't have enough money, so they raised the license plate fees to keep them going. Now it's a inner tube tax. What a bunch of B.S.

Revd Up 07-24-2013 12:09 AM

On a local river here ,the DNR here stands in the river and stops the tubers and checks them for a multiple of things, mainly looking to give out OUI charges. Were out here for safety my asz.

rfgonzo 07-24-2013 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Revd Up (Post 3964043)
I think we need to get rid of the DNR. What a bunch of jack wads! The local county police can take care of everything just fine. The DNR has this almighty attitude and will write tickets for anything they can dream up. All they are trying to do is get another income source to fund their existence. Last year they were crying they didn't have enough money, so they raised the license plate fees to keep them going. Now it's a inner tube tax. What a bunch of B.S.

Do you think this is coming from the DNR or a higher power like the GOV? I can't see a bunch of fish cops on board with this.

dsparis 07-24-2013 01:14 AM

For the life of me I can't understand why you would want a boat longer than 25' on the chain. Its a mud puddle. 20 miles to the east is Lake Michigan and 55 to the south is the Illinois river.

FIXX 07-24-2013 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by dsparis (Post 3964055)
For the life of me I can't understand why you would want a boat longer than 25' on the chain. Its a mud puddle. 20 miles to the east is Lake Michigan and 55 to the south is the Illinois river.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go to bed mr paris...

Smitty 07-24-2013 12:16 PM

DSPARIS

A nice calm day on Lk michigan is a rare thing. And how about the fact that I regularly take small kids out with us. They would not survive the ride or enjoy it in 3-5 footers which is the normal wave heights. They think this will do what ??????????? Just a loss of revenue for all businesses, eventually some of that money goes to the state in form of taxes. So they are cutting their own noses off.... somebody needs to wake up !!!! As I have stated earlier, I have had enough of living here having to work my a$$ off to have a modest home and pay high gas prices, high taxes, and drive on $hitty roads. And more corrupt Governors than any other state ever !!!! Time to head south !!!

Knot 4 Me 07-24-2013 12:21 PM

IL has graduated from the armpit to bunghole of America. I might be on your bumper Smitty heading South!!

Wally 07-24-2013 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me (Post 3964344)
IL has graduated from the armpit to bunghole of America.

That may be a good bumper sticker! LOL

F3504x4ps 07-24-2013 12:42 PM

I wonder how this will be enforced on the illinois and Mississippi rivers and small towns below the chain of lakes on the fox fiver where dnr is scarce. I live I. St charles and never heard of this till now. Having bumbacrats in office is the issue just look at obummer and his s**t he pulls every day in office. Just can't get away from stupid. Need to vote the gov out in November.

97FASTech 07-24-2013 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Smitty (Post 3964338)
DSPARIS

As I have stated earlier, I have had enough of living here having to work my a$$ off to have a modest home and pay high gas prices, high taxes, and drive on $hitty roads. And more corrupt Governors than any other state ever !!!! Time to head south !!!

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me (Post 3964344)
IL has graduated from the armpit to bunghole of America. I might be on your bumper Smitty heading South!!

Texas has open arms for everybody. We our just short a little water here and there. lol!!

32 Active Thunder 07-24-2013 01:07 PM

Every marina would pretty much close on the chain if this law passes 27 feet or less. Think about how many slip owners would just leave!!

sommerfliesby 07-24-2013 01:17 PM

The clock is ticking on my IL residency. I freakin' hate this state. Its why I drive so far so often to do the things I enjoy...they are not here.

Highest gas prices in the nation, ridiculous taxes, even MORE ridiculous politicians.

I can't wait until the day I can say "I USED to live there."

You all will know when its coming...there will be a nice 37 AT for sale. :)

Smitty 07-24-2013 01:21 PM

Austin is high on my list right now...Lk Travis or Conroe...when they have water in them :)

97FASTech 07-24-2013 01:27 PM

Lake Travis has plenty of water, if you have a slip. Problem is with public ramps not being open, if you like to trailer. Austin is one helluva growing city right now, with the best of everything.

Formula311-SR1 07-24-2013 02:12 PM

The 26' size limit is for the chain of lakes, but the 40 mph speed limit is for the entire state of Illinois!

sommerfliesby 07-24-2013 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Formula311-SR1 (Post 3964413)
The 26' size limit is for the chain of lakes, but the 40 mph speed limit is for the entire state of Illinois!

Dayum. That'll do WONDERS for the PWC population and sales in the state... There's a lot more of them then there are of us...

CrownHawg 07-24-2013 02:29 PM

Uhhhh, ok, you guys can move south, but PLEASE don't tell anyone else!! No offense, but we have a saying here in the south, "the difference between a yankee and a DAMN yankee, is the DAMN yankee won't leave!!!" Just kidding guys, here in Arkansas, we have plenty of water and lots of really nice lakes.