Upgrade... Alpha SS to bravo1?

Notices

Upgrade... Alpha SS to bravo1?

Old 07-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats no fun...

Man, you are doing exactly what I have done before (prob how most got started in performance boats) Trying to make something not intended to go real fast, go faster...

After I spent a bunch of money I realized I would be farther ahead if I just buy a faster boat. Usually a big block bravo boat.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flysfloatsor
Thats no fun...

Man, you are doing exactly what I have done before (prob how most got started in performance boats) Trying to make something not intended to go real fast, go faster...

After I spent a bunch of money I realized I would be farther ahead if I just buy a faster boat. Usually a big block bravo boat.
yeah I was going to say that. Kind of like the guys that get V6 camaros and spend thousands to make them as fast as the V8 models. To each his own. But sometimes if you look at the money spent, your better off just upgrading which can actually same money. Thats not counting ace pain and tim, which in my book is money as well.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I completely get what you guys are trying to say... and I completely agree with you! BUT... Lets say I do want to go to a big block/bravo 1... another boat....(which I do) I would have to sell what I have now and hope I can get 7-9k for it. Which I think is doable and then I would have to spend another... what... 3-6k for a bigger faster boat. Understand that I live on a inland lake that is 700-800 acres and no use for a closed bow power boat or anything bigger then 21ft. I need the open bow. I just put 5-6k into the boat i have now over the winter... new floor, stringers, motor, etc. and I just don't ever go out to the big lakes.

Top it off... I have a wedding next April... No funds for a newer, bigger, faster boat. Maybe in 5 years.

Im sure you guys understand.