Poker Run in Norfolk, Va. Beach Area. . .bring your "Offshore" boat >

Poker Run in Norfolk, Va. Beach Area. . .bring your "Offshore" boat

Notices

Poker Run in Norfolk, Va. Beach Area. . .bring your "Offshore" boat

Old 06-24-2002, 04:20 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up FREE(well almost) Poker Run in Norfolk, Va. Beach Area. . .bring your "Offshore" boat

Almost free. . .

Lets see if we can get a good OSO turn out for this event! I've run it before and it is a really event and lots of fun. You guys that have "offshore" rig and boat on a lake; come see what offshore is really about!!

Don't forget that VA. Beach is one of the largest resort cities, there is alot of FUN to be had in our area.

The HRPA will be glad to help show "out of towners" our area.

Hey OSO board Gods, how 'bout bring down the OSO boat?

Posted by Reckless288 on the Poker Run page:

You can't beat the price nor the big water/long leg approach of this run. This event takes place the 3rd & 4th of August, 2002.
Go to www.littlecreekregatta.org for more info/registration, or go to our two websites www.hrpa.homestead.com/homepage.html and www.hrpba.topcities.com/hrpba.html for registration download. You can also contact myself 757-615-1855 or John Addy 757-287-5389.

This event has a lot going for the $75.00 registration fee. Here are the basics:
1) Yep, $75.00 others are normally $250.00...
2) Two party's, pre/post
3) Game is 7 card stud with 6 stops and the 7th pull at the post party.
4) $1000.00 first prize with some token dollars for 2nd/3rd places.
5) Outdoor BBQ lunch stop adjacent to Surf-Riders Tiki-Bar...
6) Run includes a couple big water & long legs to satisfy even the most aggressive types. We're gonna show off our great waters here in Hampton Roads (Resort Beach, Cape Henry where the 1st settlers landed prior to Jamestown, ChesBay Tunnel one of the 1st man-made wonders of the world, Aircraft Carriers, Battleship, Submarines and downtown Hampton and Norfolk. Oh & many of the other local personalities from OSO...
7) Virginia Beach Resort Hotel is offering event prices on some very nice rooms. Also their practically across the street from Marina Shores Boatel/Marina......Which.....
8) ...is offering free forking in/out of boats with free trailer parking and the gracious host of the lunch stop on thier premises with docking. Theres also a couple of nearby nice public ramps/motels for the go aloner's...
9) We also will have a "slow-boat" class and route for the cruisers and family runabout types who want in on the fun.

So check the websites and if you need more info please don't hesitate to call for more "in-the-weeds-details" on the who, what, where, how's, of getting and staying here...

Rick

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron

Last edited by BillR; 06-25-2002 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:55 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

24 views (so far) and no comments or takers?

I thought OSO'ers were IN to this kind of stuff.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 06-25-2002, 12:45 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BILLR, you know I will be there, registered last week, ROADTRIP from the Donzi net is flying in to join me, and another friend.
I got my Little Creek Marina pass 1 hour ago.
See ya there...

Come on OSO folks on the East Coast, it will be a great run, proposed route listed on our website....

Bryan
Old 06-25-2002, 01:19 PM
Registered

You all know that I'll be there will bells on! Looking forward to having some fun with the fellow boaters and OSO bubba's!
Old 06-25-2002, 02:43 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

There's gonna be some Richmond Power Boat Association (RPBA) bubba's running down to partake as well. They put on an excellent run themselves just two weeks ago...

Let's see, I count approximately 15+ regular OSO readers who will be in attendance for this that I know of who live fairly close by. We (HRPA) are essentially taking what used to be an after-thought poker run associated with the main event (sail-boat regatta), and cranking up the volume a bit. We volunteered to organize the poker run portion of the "Little Creek Regatta", which is in association with the St. Judes folks for the time being, and hope to develope this into the kickass event we know it can be. Though cheap in comparison to other runs(remember it's a charity event) you'll be hard pressed to find a better variety of waters and scenery to run by. Also even the family/cruiser boats have their own run in addition to the "fast-boats". Check out the websites and come see a bunch of us HRPA OSO types.....

Rick
www.littlecreekregatta.org
www.HRPA.homestead.com/homepage.html
www.hrpba.topcities.com/hrpba.html

Last edited by Reckless32; 06-25-2002 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-25-2002, 03:04 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

This could be a Mid Atlantic OSO meeting after the Poker Run if enough OSO'ers would join it.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 06-25-2002, 03:12 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Bill I think we're already doing a mid-atlantic OSO gathering every weekend....
Old 06-25-2002, 03:39 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Being the instigator $hit talker I am, I would like to invite those who own offshore power boats that live on lakes and rivers come do the deed! Many have never been in the ocean. It is for a great cause and of course, well, never mind...

Hell, how hard can it be to keep up with RECKLESS?
We will likely be chasing Bill and Cowboy in the 340's....
and the Baja.....

HRPA ROCKS!
Bryan
Old 06-25-2002, 04:27 PM
wms

Yup....I am definitely looking forward to it. Last year was a blast even with the bubba in the Black Thunder holding us back. (He has been replaced!)

Unfortunately I missed the OSO party in Miami, so I am looking forward to the Mid-Atlantic OSO party after the Poker Run!!

Macklin

Last edited by wms; 06-25-2002 at 04:29 PM.

Old 06-25-2002, 07:57 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Hey Bryan?.............

Quick Reply: Poker Run in Norfolk, Va. Beach Area. . .bring your "Offshore" boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.