Notices

Future jobs

Old 07-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future jobs

At the beginning of September I will be attending the landing school to earn a associates degress in marine industry technology my 1st year at college I will be learning composites and fiberglass and my 2nd year I will be learning marine systems I hope to one day own my own performance boat company but plan to work at an already established manufacturer 1st so my questions are
What are the chances of being hired right out of college? are manufacturer hireing?
What kind of $ can I expect to make if done tons of research and can't seem to find any numbers?
Is there anything else I should be doing during my college years to help my chances if getting a job?
Thanks for any help guys
Kile
Old 07-28-2013, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HEDGEHOGER
Is there anything else I should be doing during my college years to help my chances if getting a job?
Thanks for any help guys
Kile
Pay more attention in English class learning how to write without using run-on sentences and how to use proper punctuation. Sorry, but you asked.

Best of luck in this new chapter in your life. Hard work and dedication will get you further in life than anything.

Buck
Old 07-29-2013, 02:24 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I think my GayDarr just went off.

18-19 years old, 220/221 - whatever it takes!!!

This is the fourth thread you have started on marine design/education/employment.

At least Denise the MILF showed us pics of tits.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...09-future.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...how-start.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-solfware.html

But hey Mr. Hedgehog, a semester of "composites" then one in "marine systems" and you will be ready to work at Skater.

Or did Minihawk have a twin brother snatched from his crib by Dingos and raised in the woods of PA? (Those would be American Dingos for those of you who are paying attention!!)
Old 07-29-2013, 06:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dbkski
I think my GayDarr just went off.

18-19 years old, 220/221 - whatever it takes!!!

This is the fourth thread you have started on marine design/education/employment.

At least Denise the MILF showed us pics of tits.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...09-future.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...how-start.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-solfware.html

But hey Mr. Hedgehog, a semester of "composites" then one in "marine systems" and you will be ready to work at Skater.

Or did Minihawk have a twin brother snatched from his crib by Dingos and raised in the woods of PA? (Those would be American Dingos for those of you who are paying attention!!)

Hey now it could be worse I could have started a thread about what I like at subway just looking for answers
Old 07-29-2013, 06:33 AM
Registered

Don't let the nay sayers get you down! If you found something you love and are passionate about you are ahead of the game. But the jobs are on you - you need to get great grades, earn the respect of your teachers and peers, make connections within the industry and pay your dues by usually starting at the bottom somewhere. Only after that will you be able to climb the ladder and the speed at which you climb is up to you. I do agree with the above - you need to have your game face on all of the time - simple grammar and punctuation mistakes will kill you. If you do not pay attention to them now you wil not pay attention to them when they matter!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HEDGEHOGER
Hey now it could be worse I could have started a thread about what I like at subway just looking for answers
If you are just entering college, you would have been a freshman in High School when the Subway thread started. Interesting that you would reference a 5+ year old thread....

RaDarr'd .....
Old 07-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

ya know whats funny about the marine biz . . . . i would never recommend anyone choose that path but I wouldnt have it any other way lol. Personally I am a die hard boater and i actually still enjoy working on these things I think its that way for anyone that stays in this field, I also enjoy the people, my customers. Many of these projects span months and sometimes even years and you develop friends through time, you have to take every job personally and do it well.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )