Notices

Philip

Old 08-01-2002, 05:50 PM
mjuwalters

Default Philip

Philip I was wondering if you were able to isolate your problem this weekend? Hope you had some luck.
We tried to go see that 32ft skater this weekend but it was sold before we got ther. It was the old First o Fence boat. Any how, if you know of a 32 hull for sale at a decent price please let me know. We don't care about power, trailer or interior just need a boat.
Thanks Michael 302-427-3972

Old 08-02-2002, 09:22 AM
mjuwalters

Default ttt

philip you around?

Old 08-02-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mike,
No we don't have a handle on it yet. Strange, everything checks out, going to try a few more things this weekend, If no luck one of the Merc. Techs is going to come to NJ to help. I would bet he will find it. The only thing that looks a little strange is the plugs on that motor appear a little bit wet and carboned up? Running little rich? About the prop hub, I took a good look in all of the hubs I have around here. Where the shaft seats in the trailing edge of the hub, the sleeve also moulds around the shoulder. When the hub is seated on the shaft the sleeve can't walk out and hit the shaft seal unless the plastic sleeve has cracked at the shoulder. If the plastic sleeve cracks there the sleeve can walk back and contact the Prop Seal. I think the Sleeve is cracked at the shoulder. About a 32' Too bad that boat is sold. These Skaters don't last on the market too long, A friend of mine tracked down a 24' he wanted to buy, The day between finding the guys phone# and calling him the boat was sold also.
I would think some more will come up soon. Fall is around the corner.
Philip
Old 08-03-2002, 12:23 PM
mjuwalters

Philip I hope you get your problem fixed, I know what a pain that can be. When my stuff not wright my whole week is a little off. About that prop hub I wonder if the 2002 propshaft is different? Mine are the same diameter from the splines through the seals. Mabey this winter I'll look in to it. Good luck with your problem, it seems your not the only one having isues with the new 300xs
Michael