Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who sells the good hull cleaner? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30071-who-sells-good-hull-cleaner.html)

Luv-N-It 08-02-2002 02:44 PM

Vyper340
Very well said and THANK YOU!!!1

HiPerf2000 08-02-2002 02:48 PM

Hey Dave,

You seem like a stand up honest guy, and i commend you for that!!! Like i said before, there is nothing wrong with what you are doing....That's what this board is for!! :)

I just was wondering why others need to play games about it.

Mark

F34PC 08-02-2002 04:15 PM

I ordered a bottle and it was delivered within 24 hrs. Vyper is ok in my book. If the product works half as well as the service and consideration for his fellow boaters it will be the best hull cleaner I have ever used.

BillR 08-03-2002 07:13 AM

Originally posted by hi-perf-2000

I just was wondering why others need to play games about it.

Mark

Mark,

Sorry if you think I am trying to "play games". I don't have time for that. When I write most of the posts, I am at work and don't have the RINGO in front of me to refer to the name. Since I don't go to the store and look for RINGO; the name is not the foremost thing on my mind. When you see the bottle, the name isn't plastered all over it. In fact when I ask Vyper340 for more RINGO; I just say, "get me another bottle of the hull cleaner".

I am also NOT Trying to "help my buddy" but trying to help guys like YOU. . .fellow boaters. The stuff (oops. . .the RINGO) works quite well. Like Vyper340 said
"My intent was to simply communicate to other fellow boaters that I found a GREAT product that works better than anything else I have EVER tried. Isn't that the purpose of this bulletin board????"

ok, enuff about that. I got a poker run to go to. Now where did I put the boat keys. . . . . . . . . . . :confused:

Wardey 08-03-2002 11:24 AM

Thrill - Try FSR. Just wipe it on and wipe it off. Works like magic! I left the boat in the water for (3) days up on the Steinahatchee river and it turned the hull yellow. Tried to scrub with no succes. Put some FSR on it it basicly dissapears. Wardey

wayne 08-03-2002 12:43 PM

try ( marykate ) bottom cleaner works great

Towel Boy 08-04-2002 10:34 PM

Muratic acid, dilute 1 cup with 4gallons hot water, brush on hull, wait 5 mins and watch the magic happen, have the hose ready and spray off like there is no tomorrow, and you thought "MARY KATE" tm, made good products.

rbtnt 08-14-2002 11:38 PM

I ordered a bottle from Vyper340 and he deilvered within 2 days. I tried it on a yellow stain as directed and it came right off and water still beats up on the new white spot. I had two freinds try it and I ended up ordering 2 more bottles from Vyper340 for them this week and they arrived in 2 days also.

Where we boat, we get a yellow stain after 2 days and nothing but snow bowel takes it off and I won't use snow bowel on my boat.

This stuff just wipes on with clean rag and by the time you get around the whole boat, the place you started is white. My friend with a 28' cat thinks 1 bottle will last him all year.

Vyper340, thanks for the great product and service.

rbtnt

BillR 08-15-2002 08:40 AM

I just saw another application for this stuff. (Ringo)
I have a Stainless Steel rubrail, and there are some spots that have rust stain weeping out between the rail and the plastic part that it screws into. Rubbed some cleaner into the area and after a minute or 3; the stain was 100% gone. Most rubrails are vertical, and every cleaner I've tried just run / drip right off. The ringo is THICK and stayed in the rubrail. Now no more rust stains.

Chris 08-15-2002 10:07 AM

THRILLSEEKER

There is a gentle fiberglass cleaner called Bon-Ami, it will not scratch. You can buy it at just about any local grocery store for 79 cents. I had the same stubborn Lake Erie yellow stains you are talking about. This stuff worked for me and for less than a dollar, you cant beat it.