If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Boats:
    Spectre Sportfish Tournament Edition
    That's a cleanser that WILL take off the wax. It should also be noted that it will take scrubing just like if you were cleaning a fiberglass shower. The Ring Go will not.

OSO Moderator Charter Member BillR's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I too have some Bon Ami in my cleaner's kit.
    That stuff is like real fine Comet!!! It does leave fine scratches which dulls the shine.

I use Bon Ami for my non skid, it works good with a stiff bristle brush.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
    '02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
    '02 PQ 340
    '00 PQ 280
    '98 Scarab 22
    '97 Baja Outlaw 20
    '72 Checkmate
    '65 Glastron

My Boats:
    38 Cig Flatdeck
    Arlington Hts. Il.
    Ok, so how much and were do I send my money? If it works I need this product!!!!

4,215 yellowish hull now has a coat of wax over it will your product cut through the wax to get to the stain?

Yes, it did for me. I had some yellowing across the bottom and up the sides to the water line. Ringo worked like magic. I have never seen a product so easy to use that works. Just wipe on and spray off. Done!

I will say that you may want to reapply wax after using it. My sides were freshly waxed before using it. I did notice that the water did not bead up quite as nicely where the Ringo had been applied. I just got around to rewaxing the sides and hull last Sunday. After two weeks of post Ringo yellowing!!

Seriously, I have tried everything that has been mentioned in this and other threads. Nothing works as effortlessly as this stuff. Almost no elbow grease required other than to wipe it on. And no harm to the gel coat, which you can not say about most other cleaners.

my .02
    Last edited by wms; 08-15-2002 at 03:32 PM.

I have been using nothing but "The Works" tub and shower cleaner for 3 years. It actually leaves your hull feeling slick. Anything that is going to remove the yellow has got to remove the wax in order to get to it. I havnt tried these others. Give The Works a try, one bottle does my 26 Liberator that likely has more hull in the water than most bigger boats

Mrs 283Check
    The Works does take the yellow off but it also burns your skin at least it does mine. Since people that have used Ringo say that they haven't had this problem with it I am getting ready to order some.

Did some one mention cleaning exhaust???? I'm looking for a good cleaner / polish that will take off the baked on soot or whatever you want to call that stuff on my exhaust tips and make em shine again.

Mrs 283Check
    A friend of ours suggest Mothers. I'm sure there is more to the name than that. We purchased it at O'Reilly's and it works really well. Make them look shiny again.

My Boats:
    2000 velocity260
    I use a product called dri-wash on my boat works great wipe on wipe off. Here are some pic's.
    If you want a traditional cleaner I picked up some starbrite hull cleaner at ACE, to clean the bottom before I applied a speed coat this worked well aslo. Brush on Spray off. Only bad thing is it contains some acid.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast