Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who sells the good hull cleaner? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30071-who-sells-good-hull-cleaner.html)

THRILLSEEKER 08-02-2002 10:22 AM

Who sells the good hull cleaner?

A while back a member posted about this hull cleaner that he bought from another member that he was impressed with.

Who was the member that sells it and what is it called?

skatermike24 08-02-2002 10:35 AM

Whats your problem with the hull?

THRILLSEEKER 08-02-2002 10:42 AM

SM.. when I bought the boat last summer it was badly neglected and the waterline to the keel were stained piss yellow. I used a acid cleaner called ON OFF and it took a lot of it off but there are still some spots that will not come clean. The hull is white so the yellow blotches make the boat look like poo.

Rambunctious 08-02-2002 10:51 AM

this was just posted about a week ago

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...threadid=29763

i'm interested too. I used snow bowl (or somthing similar) worked good for the yellowing, but the finish was GONE!!. spend 8 hrs buffing and polishing and waxing to get 80% of the finish back from original.

won't do that again. this post mentions that it whites the hull but seems to maintain the finish. I saved it as a favorite to reference when I want to buy some

BillR 08-02-2002 11:29 AM

OSO member Vyper340 is offering it. [email protected]

I have used it (forget the name) and it is the best I've used.
No fumes to gag ya, no watery eyes, doesn't tear up your skin, doesn't appear to remove wax and it works WELL!!!

HiPerf2000 08-02-2002 11:55 AM

Originally posted by BillR
I have used it (forget the name) and it is the best I've used.

Why do you keep tryign to keep the name from us??
It's easy to see that you are pushing this product to help your buddy Vyper340 make a profit......and.......might i add......there is nothing wrong with that.

You've mentioned the name of the product "RINGO" in your other post about cleaning exhaust, but now you seem to forget it again????? Vyper340 has even mentioned the name is his posts.

I understand that you are trying to keep the name hush-hush so other members can't just buy it from the manufacturer, resulting in a profit for you guys, but the name is already out.

THRILLSEEKER 08-02-2002 12:18 PM

OK...the yellow stains are now under a coat of wax. Sombody mentioned that this product will not cut through wax. So it might not do me any good. Ime open for suggestions>

skatermike24 08-02-2002 01:17 PM

I've used Sno-bal a few times to clean the yellowish stain that I get on my hull, you can buy it at any food store. Always try alittle area first before you tackle the whole boat!:cool:

F34PC 08-02-2002 01:56 PM

Has anyone used RINGO ? Does it work ?

Vyper340 08-02-2002 02:40 PM

I will field the this one...

The name of the product is indeed Ringo and yes, you to can purchase it from the manufacturer. Now for the bad news; you have to buy it by the case (12 bottles) and pay S&H. I do make a little money of the product but personally don't care if it sells or not. I mainly get it for the boaters in the area and in our boat club (HRPA). My intent was to simply communicate to other fellow boaters that I found a GREAT product that works better than anything else I have EVER tried. Isn't that the purpose of this bulletin board???? So if you want to try it go ahead. I personally will refund anyone's purchase price if they are not satisfied with the results, period! I can't think if any other cleaner that makes that statement, can you?

Anyway... as I stated before, reselling this is NOT my day job. I simply wanted to offer a great product to you, my fellow OSO'ers.

As far as results go. I have sold numerous bottles to other OSO members and they should be able comment on how well it works since you think that BillR (who is a friend) is trying to boost sales for me. I will let them talk about the results.

Thanks,
Dave