Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Mercury Racing complaint thread poofed? >

Mercury Racing complaint thread poofed?

Notices

Mercury Racing complaint thread poofed?

Old 08-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found it very interesting that he was denied a credit account with Mercury. I bet the other side of the story was even more colorful than his side.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Like to know what happened myself, did Mercury Racing step up? Will he be at Michigan City Race for double points race? Was there other factors for the removal? Just wondering.
sounded like he missed the double points race from last weekend according to his post that why he was so pizzed.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PRIMECUT
sounded like he missed the double points race from last weekend according to his post that why he was so pizzed.
MIchigan City 2x points is this weekend.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

Erik Christainsen from mercury called me and wanted to work out a solution, he also apologized for the two employees so i agreed to take down the post. We will not make it to Michigan city this weekend. The parts are scheduled to arrive today so it just a little to close to get everyone there. its very disappointing but we will set up the boat to make new york and clearwater. I appreciate the support of every one here and the power of OSO is pretty amazing.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
I found it very interesting that he was denied a credit account with Mercury. I bet the other side of the story was even more colorful than his side.
i never asked for credit with mercury. i pay in full with cash or check. my problem was mainly with the two employees who jacked with me thinking i was someone they could disrespect and get away with it.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see and here some action!! Support the people who pay the bills!!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad that you got your issue resolved, however it's a shame that some one have to go to drastic measure, IE: OSO post, to get Merc to react. I would have kept the thread, close it when you satisfied, but it would help others to get better service from Merc. It would be a good reminder for Merc, that customer service is so important. So Vip... glad you got what you wanted, but at the end of the day you didn't help any Merc customers, but yourself. And that's fine.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Glad that you got your issue resolved, however it's a shame that some one have to go to drastic measure, IE: OSO post, to get Merc to react. I would have kept the thread, close it when you satisfied, but it would help others to get better service from Merc. It would be a good reminder for Merc, that customer service is so important. So Vip... glad you got what you wanted, but at the end of the day you didn't help any Merc customers, but yourself. And that's fine.
well i didnt see the point in leaving it up and compaining about not making a race after merc took the steps to repair the relationship. i spoke in detail with Erik about the problems ive experienced with mercury and he agreed to work with his employees to resolve those issues. i really felt he wanted to make an effort to improve mercury racing. i also didnt feel a negative post would have helped any one in the long run and im still dont have the parts so i dont feel ive been fully satisfied either. i will stay vocal about all my experiences in this sport and this issue is not completely dead.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
I don't believe this 1-2 day thread was drastic measures in the least. I also believe this was a help to any and all old and future Merc customers. It was great to hear that Merc Racing stepped up and solved his problem. I have always felt that I'll repower with Merc crate motors when the time comes and I was very happy to hear of the rather quck attention to this matter, AND the powerful effect a thread on OSO can have. Long live the Texas Outlaw Challenge!!

Andy
Old 08-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

looks like they read OSO.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.