If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Headers!

I had the same problem with CMI tube tops in my Carrera. I had to notch the "ledge" in the way, it wasn't a huge notchbut probably 1" at the top and then following the tailpipe angle down. You can also re-weld the tip angles as others have suggested pretty easily. I did that with my tips expecting the "wet" tailpipes I ordered...CMI sent DRY. They refused to make a wet set with the big cam I run, worried about reversion. Wette Vette runs a cam as big as mine with the E-tops and has never had a problem with wet.....The dry pipes didn't bother me that much, but it would have been nice to know CMI made the change FYI, Dry pipes are "ridiculously" loud

Platinum Member Platinum Member KAAMA's Avatar
    My Boats:
    A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!
    Western Michigan
    Oh yeah!-----love them DRY pipes!!!

Charter Member #40 Charter Member
    My Boats:
    Renegade 32
    Cape Coral, FL
    Cord/the normal KE tp is double wall and the inner pipe is about 3.5" od. You could make them dry but they would be hot.

Official OSO boat whore Charter Member
    My Boats:
    8' row boat
    Mequon, WI
    I was hoping that they were dumping the water at the end of the header. Would have made it realy easy (and affordable) to hook things up. Based off of this project, I should have known better.

Sussex, WI
    Another thought Cord, I think Imco makes an exhaust tip that has a rubber grommet around the pipe. Its made for dealing with extreme angle issues. Maybe you could adapt the teauge tips to work with that set up or go to an external muffler tip like the cmi's or gaffrigs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123