Stuffed my cat on the Missouri River

Notices

Stuffed my cat on the Missouri River

Old 08-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuffed my cat on the Missouri River

Took my 48" R/C cat out for it's first run last sunday. We decided to run the boat along side of the "pon-tune" so I could open it up for a while.This thing just screams with a full mod 29.5cc engine & a polished "worked on" 3 blade cleaver prop. Rated @ 80mph+ by the builder I was on my 2nd tank of fuel and really making this thing fly. Then in a split second while flying across the top of the chop, about 6-8" must have been a "rogue wave" cause it hit & flipped end over end & that was it. By the time I pulled it out only about 4" of the nose was visible. Here are some pics, it hit so hard it blew the gelcoat off & split the hull in the center. While I'm fixing the cat I wonder how Mini Gras will handle the big engine as a temporary upgrade from a 25cc, HMMMM. Randy[ATTACH=CONFIG]505632[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]505631[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]505634[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]505633[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Stuffed my cat on the Missouri River-80mph-stuff-into-missouri-river-001.jpg   Stuffed my cat on the Missouri River-80mph-stuff-into-missouri-river-002.jpg   Stuffed my cat on the Missouri River-80mph-stuff-into-missouri-river-003.jpg  

Stuffed my cat on the Missouri River-80mph-stuff-into-missouri-river-004.jpg  
Old 08-06-2013, 05:22 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Been there, Done That You need some two part Epoxy Liquid to fix that, Squeegee it in there, Tape it shut, then clamp it back using two pieces of wood to get it flat, hang it nose down till it dries. Viola Fixxed... I had a 48" Aeromarine "V" with a 25cc QuickDraw, It went so Fast it could do back flips on glassy water
Old 08-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Looks like FUN!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was til it transformed into a submarine,Lol Randy