Notices

Headers!

Old 08-02-2002, 03:59 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers!

I despiratly need a set of headers for my boat! These must be a long tube style-not cmi elbow tops. I'm looking for something along the line of a CMI sport tube or Stellings header. I can tell you that split tubes won't fit. The headers must be for a bravo location-no need to reply if you have some for a trans, etc. Even if you know of somebody who might have a set, let me know!
Old 08-02-2002, 04:34 PM
voodoo

Call me 319-635-2361. I have a like new set of Lightnings I just pulled off.

Old 08-02-2002, 05:06 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

voodoo-you have mail!

This helps show my conflict. The rear deck is about 5" behind the flange of the CMI. The tips are about 4" down.
Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2002, 05:10 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Tim, just run the SOB with open headers and get that thing on the water would ya! LOL

E-mail me some of your pics, I would like to see your progress.

Jeff
Old 08-02-2002, 05:13 PM
liquid lounge

Cord- you sure the sport tubes will fit? You've probably talked to the mfg. Sure looks disheartning w/ the e-tops! Maybe the Eickerts would work.

Old 08-02-2002, 05:22 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Because Eickert stacks their tubes vertically, they are a thin, tall header. At the point of the back deck, I believe that they are even worse than the elbow top. That's not to say that I wouldn't be willing to try a set...

Both CMI and Stellings made headers for a stock Bravo tip location. I'm hoping to find one of these and then modify it to fit my exact application. I know that what ever I find will need to be modified.
Old 08-02-2002, 05:41 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Cord I had about the same problem on my Howard I had CMI make me a custom set of tail pipes. CMI got them close and I had to cut them and reweld them but there in and look grate. How far are you from CMI they could help you get the right measurements.
Did you check out CMI'S website they tell you how to measur for tall pipes.

With that short of tail pipes look out for water reversion.

I had a set of Lightningsthe rusted out in three years I jest took them off.

Good luck
Old 08-02-2002, 05:59 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Lightning insists that their header is going to revert. They would like to do the taller header, but that makes the alignment even worse. The header really needs to sweep forward before it starts tipping down. That's the only way there will be enough room.

CMI is only 1.5 hours from me. To run up there isn't a problem. The problem is that the elbow top doesn't have a long enough primary for my engine. Even then, there is only 5" to get the tail pipe headed down-and even if it could be fabbed, I'm not sure if I could install it.
Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2002, 06:16 PM
Registered

cord it looks like you have teauge tips so I'm not sure if youcan do this but what about running dry exhaust? that way you would'nt have to worry about the reversion.
Old 08-02-2002, 06:19 PM
Registered

Looked at the picture again, what about cutting the fiverglass so that you can get a better angle to the tip?

Quick Reply: Headers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.