Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Got My Vortech Supercharger... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30097-got-my-vortech-supercharger.html)

bsag 08-02-2002 06:26 PM

Got My Vortech Supercharger...

Im in the process of putting on my new vortech supercharger, the quality is A+. They supplied everything, new oil lines, fuel pump, fuel lines, every fitting, relays, wires, etc. etc. This is truly a complete bolt on kit, so far i could'nt be any happier.

My boat is a 2000 warlock 27 world class, ran 71.8 gps stock with a 502mag/26" bravo. Added CMI elbow tops and Hardin Marine flame arrester and it went 74.1gps. All speeds were done with 1/2 tank, two people, cooler and gear. For those who care i will post the results when im complete!

I forgot to mention SERVICE has been Great!!!!

Im just i little excited!!

Scooter 08-02-2002 06:40 PM

same here lets us know the info

bsag 08-02-2002 06:57 PM

hey too old how have you been, hows your sonic coming? Thank you for the replies about new vehicles, that goes a long way!

Mate 229 08-02-2002 10:34 PM

You're gonna love the mid range acceleration. I have a 27 Fountain with 502 mag EFI Procharger, Stainless Marine exhaust. Very similar to what you are doing. There are a lot of faster boats around on top end but they give up because I get from 40 to 75 real fast. Top end is right around 80 with the right conditions. One nice thing is you are running no boost until around 3800 rpm so it's fairly easy on the driveline.
Make sure you reprogram the ECU.

Sydwayz 08-03-2002 12:37 AM

Excellent Brett, I cannot wait to run with you.

Barry, you got a new boat? Did I miss the details?

bsag 08-03-2002 10:18 AM

Mate229 the vortech system comes with a re-mapped ECM and a new 3 bar map sensor. This kit had everything, if you took it off or moved it they gave you new to put back. Even the puwer steering pulley was new.

sydwayz, good morning! Next weekend!

gmhdfan 08-03-2002 12:29 PM

I put one on a 1997 Tahoe with a 350 vortec motor. They must have come a long way because they were of NO help with hooking this thing up. We had to fool the MAF sensor and reprogram the ecm. With a lot of time on the chassis dyno and a laptop. I thought the selftapping plug for the oil return line was chessey. But when we got it dialed in it worked great! Started with a NOS fogger system and the supercharger did everything the NOS did without filling the bottle. We found a lot of weak links from the flywheel back after that:eek: It all ended with a 383 short block, an Art Carr transmission and a 3/4 ton rearend out of a SS 454 truck (big rearend 6 lug wheels) with 488 gears in both ends. In 4 wheel high and good size tires this thing would smoke Corvette's and TA's at red lights (didn't waste my gas on the mustangs) Good Luck your going to love it. "Injection is nice but I would rather be blown" I'll see if I can dig up a picture somewhere. Still have that vortec manifold with the fogger plumbed on it. If anyone is looking for one on there truck :D :cool:

BobbyB 08-03-2002 04:36 PM

Hey bsag, I will have to checkout your boat after you get that super charger on. I would like to do it to my fountain also. And mate229 what pounds of boost are you running on your fountain? Thanks Bobby

Mate 229 08-03-2002 06:31 PM

Brian,
The Checkmates gone and I bought a Fountain. What a difference in the ride and stability. Picked her up last Thursday so I've only had her out 2 times, we'll be out Sunday again. After the RPBA poker run in that little Cehckmate I knew we needed something bigger. Come on down next time Eric comes.
Bobby,
We're running a stage 1 unit with max 5lbs boost. What size Fountain are you running?

BobbyB 08-03-2002 07:22 PM

Hey mate 229, I also have a 27 fever and it does have the 502mpi in it. Was your boat the one that was on traderonline for sale? If it is that is a pretty nice boat.