Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Old Race Cat Pics (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30101-old-race-cat-pics.html)

cougar46 08-17-2006 07:51 AM

Re: Old Race Cat Pics

Originally Posted by Lanier Motorsport
OK Here is another Oldie

Hey, Southampton water just off Netley

dykstra 08-17-2006 07:52 AM

cool pics :drink:

littlenige 08-17-2006 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As you Americans would say - that's one bad a$$ photo!

Lanier Motorsport 08-17-2006 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ben@SRP
Sean, GREAT pics!!! Thanks very much for posting them. Do you have a website with a page that shows all of the pics that you are posting? If not, contact me and I would be glad to build you a web page either on my site or yours. I love those old race boats. I started racing in 1988 and I can't get enough of the boat cats, especially the Cougars. Hope your dad is doing well. Is he still building the small cat fishing boats?

Thanks, Ben
www.BenHedrick.com

Yes he is still building the fastcats and he's doing very well. thanks for asking . and no i do not have a website.

Lanier Motorsport 08-17-2006 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
Big pictures Lanier!
I met Errol in Viareggio and Venice in 1979 in World Championships race. He was with Howard Quam in the Cougar 38' Benihana(former Yellowdrama III) of Rocky Aoki (badly injuried testing the Cobra 38' few days before the World Championships).
I will post you some my pics of your Daddy in Venice when I come back in Vilnius.

p.s. The Kaama cat it's not the former Flap Jack. That Cougar 38' was the winner of the World Championships in Venice in 1979 with Betty and Connors. Then Cook sold it to Howard Quam.

Thats right then howard sank it in key west. you'll have to forgive me I was only about 10 or 11 years old .

SS930 09-29-2011 09:53 PM

I noticed someone mentioning they had never seen a "riveted" cat so I thought it might be time to bring this classic thread TTT. Lots of cool aluminum cats in this thread! :coolcowboy:

mikefili 09-30-2011 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Qst4IT (Post 341804)
:cool:

Wow, the "What a Pakage" Conquest. Father amd son team Dom & Paul Palumbi from Kinnelon New Jersey. We traveled to dozens of races with them even though my brother Philip and I raced in a different class cat than Dom and Paul did. They had a 30 Shadow Cat before the Conquest, Dom never had his heart completly in the Conquest after Mark died. The Shadow was very fast holding the "P" class Kilo record for many years at somewhere arond 101 MPH, how times have changed! A great father and son race team that has dropped out of sight, and a great racing family!

Michael Filippone
Double Vision Race Team