Notices

35K to 80mph??

Old 08-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Hey ice did you ever go through the top end on the motor while you had it? This boat is around me I see it pretty frequently just curious with 350 hours on that 600. Definitely a clean boat. When did you get rid of it?
Old 08-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I've exchanged emails with the owner. Only requirement it doesn't fit is the beam.

For the record I'm open to mid 70s boats that don't need much to hit 80...I.e 32/35 fountain.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ajexpress
I've exchanged emails with the owner. Only requirement it doesn't fit is the beam.

For the record I'm open to mid 70s boats that don't need much to hit 80...I.e 32/35 fountain.
Pretty sure the 25 AT has a 8' beam.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

I hope Scagburner don't mind , this is his hotrod . This boat seems to fit most of your parameters . I can verify it has the speed you desire and the engines are easy access . Unfortunately for you his is not for sale , I just used it as an example .

Old 08-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

This one is mine , meets most of your requirement
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/3919309063.html
Old 08-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Pretty sure the 25 AT has a 8' beam.
7'8" from my research
Old 08-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fasthawk6
This one is mine , meets most of your requirement
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/3919309063.html
You sir are over budget.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

You sir are over budget.
Always remember you get ya pay for, from what I have seen for sale you will not find many boats that meet your standards in that price range that are not in the mid 90's model years and need rehabbed
Old 08-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Gold Member

there is a 98 active thunder ~ tantrum in the OSO classifieds that fits the bill... only asking 32K and does 80 mph 8ft beam and my tantrum does not porpoise it rides lie 27' boat & there "exactly like nothing else"

PS: sleeves I want a commission if this guy buy the boat (I not know seller personally only from OSO)
Old 08-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm itching to move up....considering the things I read on this forum that shouldn't be surprising to anyone. You all helped tremendously with the last boat, so I figured I start a new thread to help with this one. Here are the parameters:

80+ mph
25'+ long
Cuddy (at least partially useful one...couple benches and a place to sleep)
Sun deck (the lady has to have this....so prefer no blowers sticking up through it)
Must be trailerable, I'm a nomad, never on the same lake, and trailer the boat everywhere I go.
No preference between single/twin (but if they are twins they need to not be a PITA to work on....or need to be removed to work on)
Water (inland lakes/rivers) - Most of what I see is under 3', I see at or above 3' maybe 2-3 times a year usually down at KY lake.
Beam - I have a Checkmate 251 now, so would prefer over a 7.5' beam
Porpoise - Again, I have a 251 now.....I'd prefer a boat without this tendency.
Budget - 35K max, but closer to 30K would be ideal. This budget would need to include all the go fasts needed to go 80 (hydraulic steering, beefed drives if needed, etc.)
Swim Deck - Needed, built in or aluminum.

There ya have it. Bascially the length of my current boat is fine (but fine with longer), I just want to go faster, have more stability, and a lack of porpoising.

Note: While I know a lot of people's boats may fit this description the budget is firm. Please don't tempt me with boats outside of the budget because it won't happen (not for lack of wanting to, but lack of $$).

Mfr Notes: I'm not a fan of velocity....just a personal thing I don't like the styling (no offense to anyone with one), don't want a cat, don't want a baja (everyone around here has them).

Here are boats I've started considering....but obviously this list is welcome to be amended:
Fountain 32, 35
Active Thunder 25, 28
Pantera 28
Checkmate 259, zt280
Sonic 26, 31
Sunsation 288
Hustler 32

If you have suggestions, by all means please add to my buyers knowledge. The more I can get the better. If you have, or know of, a boat that fits the bill, pm me info. If you can help eliminate or add boats from the existing list, all advice is appreciated. Ideally I'd like this thread to help me wittle boat models down to 3-5 and drive as many as I can before purchase.

Thanks in advance.
I have a friend with a 253 Checkmate. Not any longer than what you have now, but a much wider and deeper boat. 700+hp 502 with a Bravo X and Imco single ram steering. Also has a swim platform. Very easy boat to drive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.