Notices

storage fees

Old 08-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default storage fees

Just posing a question. If you take your boat to a shop to have it worked on and it is being worked on as we speak but the shop charges you for storage while that they are working on it, doesn't that sound wrong? The boat is not finished yet and they are working on it everyday. But they sent a bill as they have been working on it and are charging for storage for last month and this month. I could understand if the boat was finished and the owner did not pick it up but they are not done with it.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't sound justifiable. Must be that new math.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 08-25-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Simply ask them if they are storing it or working on it... if they say they are storing it, that must mean they are not working on it, so whatever they due to it must be free.....
Old 08-25-2013, 10:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya sounds like a load of crap!! Send them a bill back for pain and suffering since its taking so long to finish your boat!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the customer droped it off and could not afford to fix it for the first month and told them that then maybe but i would not...now if it sat for 3 months untouched you damm rite im going to charge,,i have to pay for that spot so i just pass the buck but i always give them the option to pick their boat or i tell them...i call it they get amnesia because most cant stor in their driveway around me..(million dollar homes!)
Old 08-25-2013, 11:25 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Paul is this in our area ? If so who is it ? Next most shops will give 5 days after all work is completed by that repair boatshop / dealershop to be picked up and the bill paid for 100 %. The 6 day is when some shops start charging storage of 5 to 25 dollars perday. A lot of shops let this go if you are a good customer for them. Next is if a customer demands his boat stays inside or in the bay or work station at all times then some shops will charge a storage fee. Also some shops charge for taking boat covers off an back on how many times it takes to complete the job.

Last edited by BUP; 08-26-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:58 PM
Registered

This boat is in southern calif. The shop will remain nameless for now. They have been working on the boat since they received the boat last month and are still working on it as we speak. With this boat money is not an issue at all. I can personally understand that if they did not start working on it due to money or customer in desision or if the boat is done and not paid for than yes charge the storage since it is not a small boat and takes up space. It amazes me that the one owner of this shop would let this happen and lose a good customer.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pslonaker
This boat is in southern calif. The shop will remain nameless for now. They have been working on the boat since they received the boat last month and are still working on it as we speak. With this boat money is not an issue at all. I can personally understand that if they did not start working on it due to money or customer in desision or if the boat is done and not paid for than yes charge the storage since it is not a small boat and takes up space. It amazes me that the one owner of this shop would let this happen and lose a good customer.
california,,that explains.....
Old 08-26-2013, 03:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simply ask them if they are storing it or working on it
Old 08-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Registered

oh they are working on it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.