Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Gotta Vent "Sorry"

Registered
    My Boats:
    04 Baja 33 outlaw

Gotta Vent "Sorry"

I tell you what! Some dealers out there are insane with what they want to give you for trade and what they want for the boats they have!! I have never in my life had such a hard time selling something as i have with this boat! IT seems like boats are selling, but only if you give them away! I cant belive that no one out there wants a great, fun realiable boat. Thats very economical to run and in fantastic shape. I have looked at boats 5 yrs newer and 80k in horriable shape. I have a 99 baja boss 272 454 mag great colors low hrs. I have done a ton of research and everything out there that is similar is more expensive and or in horriable shape. I keep my boat in great shape mechanicaly and physically. Maybe i'm a bit high at 28500, but WTF i see early 90's boats selling for 20k?? What gives...

To all those dealers out there that dont ever bothering answering emails, what goes around comes around! You wont be in bussiness long...

P.S if you list your boat for sale on the internet and some one calls you or emails you for more info and you dont bother to answer them, why even take the time to list your boat???
    Last edited by bossmjb; 08-09-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Jlfrob likes this.

Platinum Member Platinum Member fantastixvoyage's Avatar
    My Boats:
    29' PHANTOM & 36 SKATER
    Have you tried powerboatlistings.com? My buddy is STILL getting calls on his 25' Aggressor that he sold for low 20's. You have yours priced about right. Dealers always seem a bit hit or miss. What are you looking to upgrade to?
    Powered by Champion-Performance

Registered
    My Boats:
    04 Baja 33 outlaw
    Yeah i just put in on there last night.. thanks... something 33-35. Ilike the 33 o/l's 32 AT's 35 Nordics.. soemthing along those lines..

My Boats:
    1999 Pantera 24 Sport
    I have been a member here for 10+ years and I have seen a couple patterns. Many people think boats are overpriced when they are buying but underpriced when they are selling. Also, most people want the "great deal" and search until they find it. Only to put another unplanned $3, $4, $8 grand into it shortly after, plus weeks or months of down time. To me, paying a premium price for some peace of mind doesn't bother me. But, I seem to be the minority.

Registered
    My Boats:
    04 Baja 33 outlaw
    Quote Originally Posted by onesickpantera View Post
    I have been a member here for 10+ years and I have seen a couple patterns. Many people think boats are overpriced when they are buying but underpriced when they are selling. Also, most people want the "great deal" and search until they find it. Only to put another unplanned $3, $4, $8 grand into it shortly after, plus weeks or months of down time. To me, paying a premium price for some peace of mind doesn't bother me. But, I seem to be the minority.

I hear ya....... Buy something with 400 hrs or 750hrs same boat and pay 3k less hmmm which would you buy?? I know which one i would buy.....
    Jlfrob likes this.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Interceptor's Avatar
    My Boats:
    one slow Fountain, one fast ice boat.
    Not sure where you're trying to trade in at but in a good chunk of the country the boating season ends around Labor Day and selling a boat is a problem for you or a dealer. What are you expecting a dealer to give you ?

Pirate of the Chesapeake Gold Member Fenderjack's Avatar
    A dealer isn't going to give ya a resale price. I do know how they can or like to try and low ball the hell out of people, but that is the name of their game. I think your asking price is more then fair if your boat is as clean as you say it is. Just have to stick it out untill the right person comes along to buy it. Times are hard for alot of people, alot of banks are not financing boats that are 10 years old. :/

John jr
    202 CC Stinger
    32 Fever
    33 Executioner(under construction) :D

Registered
    My Boats:
    04 Baja 33 outlaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
    Not sure where you're trying to trade in at but in a good chunk of the country the boating season ends around Labor Day and selling a boat is a problem for you or a dealer. What are you expecting a dealer to give you ?

More than 15k i can tell you that...
    Fenderjack likes this.

Registered
    My Boats:
    04 Baja 33 outlaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenderjack View Post
    A dealer isn't going to give ya a resale price. I do know how they can or like to try and low ball the hell out of people, but that is the name of their game. I think your asking price is more then fair if your boat is as clean as you say it is. Just have to stick it out untill the right person comes along to buy it. Times are hard for alot of people, alot of banks are not financing boats that are 10 years old. :/

John jr
    point taken on that one!!

Registered
    My Boats:
    99' 29OL
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenderjack View Post
    alot of banks are not financing boats that are 10 years old. :/

John jr
    Guessing they make a nice chunk on the financing as well and if they can't get someone financing, then they won't make money. Also may be that their bank, the dealerships that is, can't put a boat that old into their floor plan financing program. So, they may well have to put out cash and if their going to do that...... their going to go Pawn Stars on ya.

I'll be lising a 99' 29 Outlaw in the spring so I'll be writing the same rant in April or May of 2014, I'm sure.
    Fenderjack and MidOcean like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast