Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Windship upgraded to 1650's or just rumor?

Registered

Windship upgraded to 1650's or just rumor?

Rumor has it that Windship upgraded to 1650 hp?? I live/work on lake Lanier so I hear talk about it from our mechanics. Anyone know anything about it? Also great time at the poker run on Lanier a few weeks ago! Had so much fun running with such amazing boats

Registered
    and the answer is.........?

Registered
    My Boats:
    88 Four Winns 241 Liberator
    Quote Originally Posted by skaterjim View Post
    and the answer is.........?
    Spoke with John briefly at the poker run on Lanier He said he had just had the motors refreshed. Didn't say anything about more power. He and Kenny Armstrong (Phantom) made it to Gainesville Marina from the dam in six minutes.

Registered
    Who would have thought the day ould come that 1350's would be yanked out of pleasure boats for another Merc motor - that had more HP???

Platinum Member Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    Baja 342 Raylar HO 600's
    Refreshed?

I thought they were 400 hour motors?

Mark G Platinum Member chattviper's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2013 38' MTI
    John and I talked about his motors earlier this year. I believe he had around 250+ on them. More than any other 1350 out there that he knows of. Decided to refresh and get all the upgrades since his motors were one of the first off the line. He never mentioned 1650's.

VIP Member VIP Member SummerObsession's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2015 MTI 48
    The only way to "upgrade" 1100's or 1350's is to buy all new motor packages. I know this because I called MR and asked them myself. I wanted to go from 11's to 1350's and it was cost prohibitive. Better off to buy a boat with 1350's already in it. The same goes for 1650's.
    momowilliams13 likes this.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerObsession View Post
    The only way to "upgrade" 1100's or 1350's is to buy all new motor packages. I know this because I called MR and asked them myself. I wanted to go from 11's to 1350's and it was cost prohibitive. Better off to buy a boat with 1350's already in it. The same goes for 1650's.
    Is that why you recently put your Skater up for sale. That thing is an awesome looking boat and package with the 1100s. Sounds like you are looking for more HP by changing to the 1350s. How do you like th boat.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Comanche3Six's Avatar
    I believe the current top speed for WindShip is in the 165mph range (My recollection from a past thread). 1650's would propel it to ??!!! Wow, that would be hot!

Registered
    My Boats:
    89 Talon
    Quote Originally Posted by Comanche3Six View Post
    I believe the current top speed for WindShip is in the 165mph range (My recollection from a past thread). 1650's would propel it to ??!!! Wow, that would be hot!
    You are correct sir. Lightspeed!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast