Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who's Making a well built good Running Wake Board Boat? >

Who's Making a well built good Running Wake Board Boat?

Notices

Who's Making a well built good Running Wake Board Boat?

Old 08-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

everybody seems to make one these days. Montereys looks nice. Me personally I think these things are over priced for what you get.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

The new Nautique G Series boats are phenomenal. My brother-in-law just test drove the G25 and loved it. Mastercraft are top line as well.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My boss has a mb sports b52 v23. Awesome boat and the fit and finish is second to none. Plenty of seating and room for 6-8 and the ballast tanks allow you to throw a nice wake for wake surfing. His is similar to this one
Old 08-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Tige RZ4, good boat, no real issues.
That said, they all have their little problems so I would give as much consideration to the location of the dealer and their service department as I would the brand.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
I have a Tige RZ4, good boat, no real issues.
That said, they all have their little problems so I would give as much consideration to the location of the dealer and their service department as I would the brand.
Excellent advice. All boats are boats, and seen Mastercrafts with just as many problems as the rest. If ya stay with the bigger names, they will hold a resale a bit better and likely to have more dealers/service centers near.

Darrell.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We have a 23' Sea Ray Fission with wakeboard tower and 700 lbs of fat sacs. Its a Bravo 3 and yeah yeah I know all the inboard dudes will chide me but in our wooded Lake Conroe I can hit a stump and keep right on going without a second thought when all the inboards gotta go to the shop with $3000 in hand. With the sacs full I get an excellent crisp wake at 16-17 mph on the Stargazer and my wife is almost able to jump over both wakes (not me I'm too fat).
Old 08-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DMOORE
Excellent advice. All boats are boats, and seen Mastercrafts with just as many problems as the rest. If ya stay with the bigger names, they will hold a resale a bit better and likely to have more dealers/service centers near.

Darrell.
Darrell you remember that old gold sparkle Master Craft you sold me about 15 years ago??
Old 08-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cat & Mice
Boats are boats and any brand can have issues. I have a Malibu and its built pretty damn good. No real problems other then little stuff. I have heard horror stories about all Brands.

I have not been in a Axis but would recommend a Malibu any day. Axis is the low end of the Malibu line.

My second choice would be Mastercraft but you will pay more for the same that you could get from Malibu.

MP
+1 for Malibu...
I ride 2x a week with my neighbour. He had a Malibu RIDE for 2 seasons, never a problem, traded it in on a Malibu Wakesetter 24 MXZ with the 550 hp Vette motor and Malibu's SurfGate. Seats 18 people and throws a great Wakesurfing wave. Use the wedge and lose some ballast and it throws a nice crisp wakeboarding wake. Empty everything out and it's a decent ski boat for a 24 footer...
The top of the line boats from Malibu, Centurion and Mastercraft are all great, but I would be a little nervous of all the electronics after awhile. In the Malibu there is no key, only a touch screen that you enter a code into, then push start. I'm thinking if the screen ever goes down, you are paddling home....
Old 08-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

He is having major problems with his Axis....the dealer he purchased it from and Malibu haven't been much help at all. Thanks for your input guys.

Last edited by ThoroughHustler; 08-15-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I have looked at the Malibus from our local dealer and they are sweet boats. The Axis is a price point boat but the Malibu is a nice quality boat. But I tell you, I'm not a ski boat guy but that Nautique G series was very impressive! The interior was the best I've seen in any type of boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.