Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who's Making a well built good Running Wake Board Boat? >

Who's Making a well built good Running Wake Board Boat?

Notices

Who's Making a well built good Running Wake Board Boat?

Old 08-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct Craft Nautique line, Mastercraft, or Supra (Skiers Choice). Are far and away the big 3. And the reputation is deserved.

Pure wake boats you want the G23, X-Star, or SA550

Last edited by machloosy; 08-15-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: info
Old 08-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Nautique number 1 Mastercraft 2 Tige 3 the rest are second tier
Old 08-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If he's not on a limited budget the Nautique's are top of the line. If all he is wanting is Wakeboard, the G23 or G25 is the boat. If he's wanting a little bit of both ski/wakeboard the 200 is a great choice. The Nautique's use PCM motors, and the big boats come with the supercharged Caddy motor 557.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by On Time
Darrell you remember that old gold sparkle Master Craft you sold me about 15 years ago??

Must be my other brother Darrell !!!! cause it wasnt me. But I have to say, the wild sparkle paints are in vogue once again. The 1970's colors are in for sure.

Darrell
Old 08-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DMOORE
Must be my other brother Darrell !!!! cause it wasnt me. But I have to say, the wild sparkle paints are in vogue once again. The 1970's colors are in for sure.

Darrell
There was a Darrell Moore Marine Mastercraft dealership here in Houston for years, that just recently changed hands, with rumor that Darrell moved to California! Thought it was you.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bluellama
+1 for Malibu...
I ride 2x a week with my neighbour. He had a Malibu RIDE for 2 seasons, never a problem, traded it in on a Malibu Wakesetter 24 MXZ with the 550 hp Vette motor and Malibu's SurfGate. Seats 18 people and throws a great Wakesurfing wave. Use the wedge and lose some ballast and it throws a nice crisp wakeboarding wake. Empty everything out and it's a decent ski boat for a 24 footer...
The top of the line boats from Malibu, Centurion and Mastercraft are all great, but I would be a little nervous of all the electronics after awhile. In the Malibu there is no key, only a touch screen that you enter a code into, then push start. I'm thinking if the screen ever goes down, you are paddling home....

My buddy got the 2nd 24 MXZ off the line. Fantastic boat for sure. the wake that thing throws is just nuts!

Darrell.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nautique looks bad a$$. Wish we would have had this instead of the Formula at Lake Powell!!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Registered

Ahhh too funny. Were probably long lost twins, only he's got all the looks and all the money.

Darrell.

PS oops supposed to have the quote from on time .

Last edited by DMOORE; 08-15-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:09 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

www.gekkosports.com

check out the REVO 6.7 it will come with 900lbs of ballast system, I can get you into a new 2014 for 52 k to 58 k. Everyone that owns one really like a Gekko. They are being built as we speak by a builder that has been around for 50 years building quality family rec boats.

Indmar marine engines and Livorsi gauges and controls. Tower is included also for that price and so it a tandem Boatmate trailer. The website is still being updated. click on feature and click on graphics and wraps - the towers on the boats now look like those as they have changed from the past.

Last edited by BUP; 08-15-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're all well built boats. In fact, I'd go so far as to say they're built better than the majority of the boats in this segment.

The tige has the best surf wave hands down.

The wake boarding wake is so diff from boat to boat, that you can't compare or declare a winner.

The Nautique is a very peaky and firm wake. It's like hitting a wall and I hate it, but lots love it. They have terrific fit and finish. But their freeboard is frighteningly shallow. I wouldn't let my kids ride in one in rough water.

The master craft is a killer wake but you pay 20K more for a name. They like to claim they have 20% higher resale...well yeah bc you pay it up front.

The Malibu fit and finish are second to none. They used to bethe leader in forward thinking, but they've lost ground to Tige IMO. Their wake is very rampy and smooth. I love to ride this wake. Its great for both beginners and pros alike. I don't like that they screw their seats in though, as everyone else has their seat bases molded in.

Tige has come along way in a short time. They are a very family oriented boat. They handle like a sports car but take rough water like 30'+ boat. They have an exceptionally deep freeboard. I once bought a boat, they delivered it with a dead battery. The wake is great for beginners and pros alike. Prob the most versatile wake due to their hull and trim tab (TAPS2).

Supra throws a killer wake but ride rough, and have a shallow freeboard. I never have liked the styling.

Having been in them all, it's the Tige and Malibu above all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.