If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Boats:
    99 checkmate 270 convincor
    Pasadena Md
    finally there is some light at the end of the LONG DARK tunnel for you i hope the rest of your summeris troublefree my friend

My Boats:
    1995 Nova Spyder
    Maximo FLA

boat motor's

Ha did you get away with not having to change the starters ones the motors were happy? Glad to here your CAM was not done!

AT Cult Member #3 VIP Member R Addiction's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '99 Active Thunder Tantrum

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    SO JAY HOW DID IT GO??????? I hope you are out there with the biggest grin on your face from ear to ear that just will not come off

Put your best foot forward!

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    I'll bet he's standing outside in the dark right now looking at it on the trailer with a BIG OLE smile on his face !
    Hope thing went well for you today .
    I was almost in your neighborhood today . I put my little 16' ski boat in at trenton around 5:00 and ran down about half way to philly but it was just too rough for that thing . Hopefully in about 2 weeks I'll be down that way with my express cat !! Can't wait ! Hey ,who is open late on sundays for gas on the river ? Anything between philly and trenton ?

My Boats:
    1991 41 Apache WarPath!!!
    Boynton Beach FLORIDA!!!!
    Well my friends
    She runs
    when trying to start her on the trailer on the ramp backed into the water she let out a backfire out of the tail pipe
    then caught and ran and was fine
    got the idle up high around 2000 RPM's so cams would get oiled and lifters would pump up
    everything was okay
    I heard this whine and figured it out real fast that the PS pump was running low on fluid
    Poured some fluid in but steering is still very very very tight
    (have to figure that one out)
    shifters are still very very tight as well
    But all that aside, and the ramp being very busy, she started right up wtih no problems
    pulled off the trailer
    Picked up RCM255
    out we went
    cruised 1500-2000-25--3000 rpm's back and forth
    went for about 8 minutes and heard a pop
    I pulled back the throttles and she was idling okay no issues
    all hoses were on tight
    no leaking of anything from anywhere
    exhaust still sounded fine
    no misses no nothing
    got back underway
    same thing brought up the RPM's and she was on plane in no time
    and just were cruising around at about 2500-3000 rpm's and about 10 minutes we took her back in
    RCM went and got the truck and trailer
    waited forever for all the peeps to get out the way
    loaded her back on
    Up and away we went
    it was a great feeling to hear all this hard work and effort running
    I DID get some video of the run (and the 28 apache that pulled in behind me at the marina, but my cam corder battery died so Ill have to make the MPEG file later on and if someone has some webspace that they could post it up there?
    To all, I feel that there are a few minor things to work out and some maintenance things that have to be tended to but all in all I was pleased by the way she ran, the thing sounds just so bad ass mean as well
    the exhaust setup was a complete success, no leaks, no reversion, no nothing and I accomplished my feat of getting her loud and getting that dumb silent choice off of there
    Now to get some things squared away and IM GOING BACK FOR MORE!!!!!!!!!!!
    WOOHOO yesterday made all this blood, sweat and tears well worth it, even though I was only out there for 15 minutes
    that was an amazing 15 minutes my friends
    Thanks again to all of you guys that have put up with my crap, helped me out, pushed me to keep going and gave me the advice to get this thing going
    I appreciate it ver much

Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Awesome News Jay!
    Definately glad to hear all that hard-work and your trials and tribulations with this thing finally paid off and you GOT TO GP BOATING!

My Boats:
    1996 Baja 272
    Central Ohio

Jay, I've been following your threads and I know you have to be one happy dude. Congrats on getting the boat out on the water. Again remember to take your time and continue to check things as you go. Great news and I'm happy for ya!

It's about time buddy - after all these years you were looking for the 28 Baja / then putting it all together!

Glade to see you did it - let me know when you are going to make it to the Chesapeake!

My Boats:
    2003, Baja, 33' Outlaw
    Cleveland, OK
    Well Jay, I guess I was wrong about the valves being too tight. Anyway, great to hear that it's running and good luck!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast