Notices

Handling at WOT problem

Old 08-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Be nice if it was a bravo you could swap a left hand prop and counter act the torque lean. My baja did this as did my buddies carrera.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put a straight edge on the last 6 or 8 feet of the bottom of the boat and check for any hooks in the hull if you have a hook it will act like a trim tab being down and make the boat lean to one side and it will get worse the faster you go
Old 08-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you out on Cass Lake? If so maybe I can help. I'm the guy with the White Cat with twin weed wackers... Bill
Old 08-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Aussie695
I guess I havent tried to trim it out more, I'll give it a try this weekend and see how it goes... Should I be looking for some trim tabs?

Im not a full member so I can post pics, but this link takes you to the boat I own...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...hed-xlt-3.html
I bet if you trim it out more it will bring the bow up and ride much better. I had a boat that needed a lot of positive trim, even at cruise or it would lean badly to the left and ride like chit.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Like said try a little more trim or give another wheel a try. Possibly a 4 blade bravo. My 202 stinger seemed to run the best with a bravo prop vs the others i tried.

John jr

Last edited by Fenderjack; 08-20-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Registered

I am going to do all of above... I have a ballistic lined up to try and Ill also try trimming it some more. I also will try the straight edge thing tonight when I get home. But I boat all over pretty much... Union, Cass, Oakland lake... I'm all over the place.

I saw another powerplay on walled lake earlier this year with an open bow which Ive never seen before and it sounded like it had a BB in it and last year I saw another XLT on Woodland lake in Brighton. Kinda surprised how many there are in this area.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ballz2thewall
put a straight edge on the last 6 or 8 feet of the bottom of the boat and check for any hooks in the hull if you have a hook it will act like a trim tab being down and make the boat lean to one side and it will get worse the faster you go
No hooks or anything on the hull... straight as an arrow.