Lake of the Ozarks Noise?? >

Lake of the Ozarks Noise??

Notices

Lake of the Ozarks Noise??

Old 08-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

The WP has plenty of other stuff to worry about on Shootout weekend. A single 525EFI should not stand out as being extremely loud.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Is White Lightning running silencers? I remember talk about it being very loud....unless he did something to quiet it down.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

call the cops and ask them
Old 08-19-2013, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 4,272 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Wink

A single 525 EFI is on top of the cops list for noise pollution.. Id stay home for sure!!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

I've actually seen Water Patrol pull over boats in the no wake/spectator area and check boats for loud exhaust. There was a thread about it happening at the 2010 Shootout on MWBP.

That said, I don't think a single 525 boat will get their attention for noise and they do tend to be more lenient on shootout week.

Originally Posted by CigaretteSam
Is White Lightning running silencers? I remember talk about it being very loud....unless he did something to quiet it down.
That boat is old enough to go by a lower set of standards but I still don't think it'd pass the db levels of the easier test.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
I think the rule has been for the week if you are REGISTERED for the event you get a pass while testing. The law actually states "participating in a sanctioned event" and the event runs Saturday and Sunday.

Take that for what it is worth. Give them a reason and I am sure someone can get a ticket this week, keep it on the downlow and not make 6,000 RPM runs all over the lake and they probably have better things to keep an eye on this week.
I agree with you, historically it was expanded to include the day before and the day after sanctioned events at LOTO. Typically water safety, BWI, are usually higher on there radar screen than noise this weekend. It might be advisable to register for the Shootout early on line. Travel safe, it will be a very busy weekend on the LOTO Doc J
Old 08-20-2013, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Again, during the day you will be fine. Leave a bar at night and you have just given them a reason to come say hello to you and hey, while we're here can you please blow into this tube. As long as you are sober, they may or may not give you a pass on the noise.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
It might be advisable to register for the Shootout early on line.
Doc, just curious, but the WP wouldn't be able to check someone's Shootout registration status if they pulled someone over, right? Without proof either way, seems like a driver could tell them that whether they were registered or not.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

For the most part the last few years the WP hasn't been stopping too many boats for noise. There was a time when they would get you after the Shootout was done for the day when visiting the local on the water establishments... If your registered for the Shootout they almost always look the other way but if you give them any reason to stop you they will check everything. I wish I could just pull my mufflers I miss the noise on weekends like this but being EFI it would have to be remapped...
Old 08-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never been messed with on LOTO for noise, besides once leaving party cove, basically just an excuse to see if I was sober. Last year shootout weekend I passed two WP CC Donzi's, I was running about 100, and my boat is LOUD, they didn't even look. A single 525 will seem very tame to them this particular weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.