Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
All things equal....what are you taking into the "rough". >

All things equal....what are you taking into the "rough".

Notices

All things equal....what are you taking into the "rough".

Old 08-21-2013, 01:31 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,812 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
33 Powerplay hands down...........
Have you ever ridden in or driven a 32 AT in rough water????

I'm not saying a 33 PP does not ride better. I really don't know since I've never ridden in or driven one.

Originally Posted by Kings11
I'd honestly take a Velocity.
Have you ridden in a 32 AT or 32 Hustler in rough water???

Last edited by Griff; 08-21-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:06 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 285 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Have you ever ridden in or driven a 32 AT in rough water????

I'm not saying a 33 PP does not ride better. I really don't know since I've never ridden in or driven one.

No, but I have over 50 hours in a 33AT, which is supposed to be the newer, superior boat to the 32AT and my 33 Powerplay ran better than the 33AT in the rough. Is the 32AT a better rough water boat than the 33AT? If not than it doesn't hold a candle to a 33PP.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Me and Dean on here worked out a deal for his Nodic Flame.

However unfortunatly both motors had to end up being replaced. Dean choose new Merc racing powrr and the motors are top. However they come at a price and that sadly puts me out of my comfort area

I am still thinking over the idea and while up in LOTO plan on looking close at a lot of the boats to get a better idea. However it is going to be a fair amount more now for the Nordic. So I am just keeping open eyes as well while I figure out what to do.
Not to de-rail the thread but why wouldn't he put the engines in that you wanted if you are going to buy it? It looked like a real nice boat.

Anyway to answer your question I would go with the Hustler.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by jvcobra
Not to de-rail the thread but why wouldn't he put the engines in that you wanted if you are going to buy it? It looked like a real nice boat.

Anyway to answer your question I would go with the Hustler.

It was something me a dean talked about and we both agreed on his route he took. There is zero bad feelings or anything like that. Dean is a great guy and the situation was unfortunate but everything will workout in the end for both of us even if I do not get the Nordic .

We both agree. Atleast it happened now. Can only imagine if I picked it up a few weeks earlier and everything let go aftrr. One or two times out on the water.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

33 pp has an amazing ride in the rough. Furthermore the rigging on a powerplay is equal or better than the best there is. Maybe someone did not know how to run a buisnes but they sure knew how to build a boat!! Hands down in that size if you want ride quality and build quality go Powerplay. The only downside is working on your motors in the 33pp, they are killer tight in there.

32AT after that
Old 08-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Imo yes 32 at is better then new 33 ride and better the a 32 hustler hands down
Old 08-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,812 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
No, but I have over 50 hours in a 33AT, which is supposed to be the newer, superior boat to the 32AT and my 33 Powerplay ran better than the 33AT in the rough. Is the 32AT a better rough water boat than the 33AT? If not than it doesn't hold a candle to a 33PP.
Never been in a 33AT to compare. You're also comparing your old 33PP with SSM drives and big power to stock power Bravo boats.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Registered

Never been in or run against a 32 AT but have run beside a 32 Hustler, love the 388 Slingshots (non bias to any company attempt here), but the 32 I was beside was taking a much bigger pounding then I was.

Last edited by Kings11; 08-21-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griff
Never been in a 33AT to compare. You're also comparing your old 33PP with SSM drives and big power to stock power Bravo boats.
Both mine and my buddies AT run B1's. Same stock 30p Bravos. He has a notch and I don't. I have nothing to gain or lose, mine is not for sale and I am not making a dime off whatever the OP buys. Fact: the PP runs better. It has a smoother reentry and flies straighter. The bow doesn't hunt around like the AT. To be honest both could use a little weight in the bow but the AT will still pop a little more than the PP. Anybody that knows boats and have been on both will agree including my friend with the AT. I am not nor have I ever bad mouthed AT, I am just going by experience. I have a few dozen hours in the AT and a few hundred in the PP. If given the choice I would look hard at the PP over the AT just for handling. The AT has a bigger cockpit and a helm that is perfectly suited to my size. Yes better than the PP. Now throw in the 33 AT and you will get mixed reviews. I personally like the look and lines of the 32 much better. But the 33 has a step so you have an instant speed advantage. The downfall is a large single step like some other boats. In relatively clean water it will slap and be annoying to some. Just last year I have another buddy that reluctantly said the PP rides better than his 33 stepped AT but not as fast..

I have not been in a 32 Hustler but know peope that have. It is a fast hull! But all things equel the AT is a nicer, better boat.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

And once again people can not answer the OP question. imagine that

John jr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.