F&#$@*g Jet Ski Knuckleheads >

F&#$@*g Jet Ski Knuckleheads

Notices

F&#$@*g Jet Ski Knuckleheads

Old 08-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I hate jet skis! One of the reasons I like boating at dusk better.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

I remember seeing Jet ski operators run up along side 1000' freighters on the St.Clair river and touch their hull side with a hand. I consider that stupid.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in my bass boat after a nice relaxing fishing trip on the way back running through skinny water with alot of curves. Got stuck behind a slower party bardge running about 15mph. Two nuckle heads came up behind very fast not paying attension tried to shut it down. One got cought in my wake. With the power at idle and steering lost he had to bail. The skis momentum carried it under a dock and got stick between some pilings. They were so close and moving so fast the spray from the ski entered in my boat. I turned around to see if the injured need help. All was ok, but that dude started cussing me for his stupidity. There was a guy on his dock to docks away that saw the whole thing. He had come down also to see if the person was hurt. When the skiier was cussing me he chimed in and called BS on him. Thank goodness I had a witness, I am sure he would have told the law it was my fault. Talk about ruin a relaxing day.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The class doesn't help, here in va anyone operating a jet ski has to complete the boaters safety course and they're still idiots. Most of them just don't think about anyone other than themselves or the understand the limits of mobility of the boats around them. I won't even take my cat back to smaller lakes because i cant run it for half its worth for fear of other boaters and skii's the other boaters there don't comprehend how fast they are closing to some of our faster boats and I guess don't realize that we don't have brakes to stop if we had to. In the cat one of the things that seems to get most people is that once your up on the tunnel even when you pull back the sticks the boat doesn't immediately slow down it coasts until it settles back in the water then starts to slow down. It's almost like a big jet ski that has more mass and momentum... Unfortunately the jet skis aren't going to go away so in the mean time get a go pro so you've always got video of your day it's good fun to watch on the bad days and if you ever need it it could be the witness you need.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

My train horn gets their attention really quickly, its come in handy a few times this month when they are not paying attention and our paths are about to collide. 5 gallons of 150psi air thu 3 air horns FTW!

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 08-22-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Registered

What brand horn do you have? Been looking
Old 08-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
My train horn gets their attention really quickly, its come in handy a few times this month when they are not paying attention and our paths are about to collide. 5 gallons of 150psi air thu 3 air horns FTW!
I seen them in the pics of your bilge a few weeks ago, I thinking to myself that would be a great thing for jet skis.....
Old 08-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Registered

What also pisses me off, there was PLENTY of lake for everyone, It was a Tuesday with perfect weather
Old 08-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by sea6
What brand horn do you have? Been looking
Horn blasters. com .. they seem to have a nice selection, been happy with both purchases . .. plus when someone new is checking out my bilge I can literally make them $hit their pants

It does take up some space thou..compressor and horn ..

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 08-22-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Registered

have a sit down boat you can't see anything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.