F&#$@*g Jet Ski Knuckleheads >

F&#$@*g Jet Ski Knuckleheads

Notices

F&#$@*g Jet Ski Knuckleheads

Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F&#$@*g Jet Ski Knuckleheads

So I am leaving the Blackwater Jack's cove and heading west. A family with a ski boat and 2 jet skiis is leaving at the same time. They are all to my port side. One of the jet skiis is being piloted by what looked an 15 YO with his buddy on the back. We are all accelerating/coming up on plane when the jet ski cuts in front of me, not super close but close enough. The ride along on my starboard for a bit, then cut in front of me again and turn so they are tracking right in front of me. They are lucky I only have a Formula 280ss and wasn't going faster. What gets me is the father (I am assuming) is driving the ski boat watching all this. Oh well the chicken wings at Blackwater were good. Rant Off.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Next time, Wave down the Father and punch him in the Face If he thought it was okay for his kids to do that then he needed to be Punched, No?
Old 08-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Had one think it was a good idea to cut across in front of me in my buddies rough rider the other day. Apparently they don't realize you can't see **** in front of you getting on and off plane in bigger boats!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is amazing that they don't have a clue and even moreso that more of them aren't run over and folks kilt.

We were running three deep, single file because of the skinny water in the back of Terry Cove, Orange Beach Al. The un marked "channel" is about 3 feet wide and 3 feet deep with two hard turns/dogleg in the middle. Sure enough as soon as we get to the really skinny part this female kid w/passenger comes flying right out in front of us...4 Big Blocks screaming, not a clue. Then she cuts back and crosses us again but holds course off our port side, we have zero flexability to avoid without running aground. I was laying on the horn (worthless) and screaming at her, when her passenger finally turned around, her eyes got huge and she got the drivers attention who then quickly went hard to port and set it down. You could tell then that they were scared chitless, ya well welcome to my world dipchit....You could have been killed three times in the last 30 seconds.

Ok, I feel better...rant off
Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

This happens to me all the time and the unfortunate part is if that "kid" cuts in front of you and hits another boat wake you would run them over and kill them.

The messed up part is we would be the bad guy in the speedboat and probably end up in jail.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One advantage of having a go pro on recording your outing. If anything bad happened it might not get you off or make you sleep any better at night but at least you'd have video of them operating in a reckless manner.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts
Last weekend on our local poker run I had two lake lice come straight at me running against all oncoming boat traffic . Other than these two knuckleheads I had a clear lane and was running hard and had to pull back on the stick . Well they split and I had one go past too close on each side . There were four of us running together , two cats and two Sunnies , I was waiting to hear a thump behind me . Damned lake lice .
Old 08-22-2013, 11:06 AM
mmb
Registered

I honestly think people on jet skis drive like that becuase they think they are the fastest thing on the water.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have had two instances with jet ski's that come to mind. The first was when the river was closed due to the flood, we were at a lake running around minding our own business when a ski purposely rode through my rooster tail & comes up to tell me that it hurt. REALLY!!! Getting blasted in the face by twin fire hoses @ 70mph is supposed to feel good? Dipsh!t!!. The second was on the river when coming into the marina I had come off plane to begin maneuvering into the channel when 3 ski's came right for the wash at the back of my boat. When I saw what they were doing I punched it to the wood and cranked the wheel. You guys with bigger twin boats know what kind of wash wall that will create, well they got that big wake they wanted! ONCE was all it took I saw one of the guys fly off his ski probably 10ft in the air, took both of his buddies to get him back on his machine. That was the last time those guys got anywhere near my boat again. The guy wasn't hurt but he got his bell rung pretty good. They can play but stay away from boats under power! Randy
Old 08-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

This problem will continue until they make it a requirement to go through a boaters safety coarse befoe they can rent or purchase!! Most of the guys that create these close calls are renters out on the water for the day with some buddies ( weeken warriors ) and the second they hit the water it becomes a race track and a huge play ground! From the second they leave the ramp it's full throttle and the search for the biggest wake is on! They are oblivious to other water craft on the water until they are almost hit or worse, then they blame the boater for not maneuvering around them ! I say put them in a boat ( with someone with boating knowledge with them ) and let them see first hand what we have to deal with! That would give them a better perspective of how unpredictable they are, and what us boaters have to deal with while on the water!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.