Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Congratulations to Louie Marchese, LOTO Speed 164 MPH!! >

Congratulations to Louie Marchese, LOTO Speed 164 MPH!!

Notices

Congratulations to Louie Marchese, LOTO Speed 164 MPH!!

Old 09-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by quest
"Congradulations Louie Marchese and Eddie Young on posting a 164 mph speed today at the 2013 LOTO Shootout besting their nearest competitor by 30 mph!!" I do not mean to diminish your accomplishments but from the ad for your boat I see that you ran a 338 skater fat boy which is 33+ feet long. The NC2P2 class in which you ran is for Cats 28 ft to 31 ft. The NC3P2 class is for Cats 32 ft to 35 ft long. How did you get to run in the NC2P2 class?????????????

A 338 fat boy is a 30 skater hull with the 3' bussel added to the top deck to cover the drives. So really the hull is just a 30 footer hence why it is able to run in that class.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, but not according to the US Coast Guard See rule CG-5397 and speciffically item 6. Adopting your logic most MTIs, DCBs, and even Fountains and Nortecs with built in swim platforms would have to be reclassified to a shorter class. What a bucket of worms this would be. Skater should then change their 338 hull identification to include the numbers 300 rather than 338, but this would require a Coast Guard revision to the HIN numbering system that manufactures have to adhear to.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry, but not according to the US Coast Guard See rule CG-5397 and speciffically item 6. Adopting your logic most MTIs, DCBs, and even Fountains and Nortecs with built in swim platforms would have to be reclassified to a shorter class. What a bucket of worms this would be. Skater should then change their 338 hull identification to include the numbers 300 rather than 338, but this would require a Coast Guard revision to the HIN numbering system that manufactures have to adhear to.

I guess you learn something everyday. Good to know but I'm not really worried about it. Realistically it would run the same speeds with or without the bussel and either way it is a gorgeous boat that runs fantastic.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I agree with you 100% it it is a gorgeous boat that runs fantastic.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:37 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is going on with the steering wheel and steering wheel mount?, I know go-pro's tend to distort, but it looks like the steering shaft was coming out of the helm.

It is a strange class system, the 32 skater from my neighborhood ran 177, or is it really a 28?

Last edited by Wobble; 09-27-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
I see it's listed in the classifieds...... ready for another build or ????????
+1 the thing is barely broken in and for sale already what gives??
Old 09-26-2013, 11:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That is why LOTO and Texas Outlaw Challenge normally stick with the US Coast Guard rule CG-5397 which requires the boat length be the measurement from the tip of the bow to the furthest aft section that is actually fiberglassed to the hull. this is already predetermed by the manufacturer of the boat and is stated in the first two digits of the HIN. It stops the arguments that the swim platform really doesn't touch the water and should not be used in determining the class length or that the famous fountain beak should not count. The coast guard system does not require the classification inspecter to have a diver to take a tape measurement of the bottom of the boat during inspection to classify it.

that is why I originally asked the question in this post as to how did a 33 ft skater get into a 28 to 31 ft class

. Kenney Mungle's boat is a 32 ft boat by the coast guard measurement system and ran in the correct class for 32 to 35 ft boats which is C3 P2 for 32 to 35 ft boats. His 177 mph run is a real feat.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
+1 the thing is barely broken in and for sale already what gives??
He came out of a 35 Donzi with a cabin and much more cockpit space. After doing the Cumberland run with 5 people, he realized that he needed something larger. It's a very big boat for 30' but he just wants more. It's one hell of a boat though. It's like driving a Ferrari.

As for the class issue at LOTO, we ran in the class we were put it. It really didn't matter to us. We were just there to have fun.Quest, I assume you are Art DiNick from American Offshore. You have won that class for numerous years without any competition. Now that we won the class, you are complaining? I'll send you the trophy if it means that much.
Eddie
Old 09-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

That is why LOTO and Texas Outlaw Challenge normally stick with the US Coast Guard rule CG-5397 which requires the boat length be the measurement from the tip of the bow to the furthest aft section that is actually fiberglassed to the hull. this is already predetermed by the manufacturer of the boat and is stated in the first two digits of the HIN. It stops the arguments that the swim platform really doesn't touch the water and should not be used in determining the class length or that the famous fountain beak should not count. The coast guard system does not require the classification inspecter to have a diver to take a tape measurement of the bottom of the boat during inspection to classify it.

that is why I originally asked the question in this post as to how did a 33 ft skater get into a 28 to 31 ft class

. Kenney Mungle's boat is a 32 ft boat by the coast guard measurement system and ran in the correct class for 32 to 35 ft boats which is C3 P2 for 32 to 35 ft boats. His 177 mph run is a real feat.

Kenny's boat is a full canopied boat that runs in the Professional class (PC3P2)
There was no one in NC3P2
Old 09-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Great run and such a beautiful Skater.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.