Outerlimits Breaks LOTO Shootout Vee Bottom Record

Notices

Outerlimits Breaks LOTO Shootout Vee Bottom Record

Old 08-30-2013, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Outerlimits has the best bottoms in the industry right now but I know a bunch of Cig owners that do not care for the styling of the OL, and like the old school south florida Cig look. If OL took a 38TG, 42X, or 46RR deck, splashed it, and put the Cig deck on one of their OL bottoms, I think they would pull some of the Cig market their way.........
That would look like total $hit. Who cares what cigarette owners like? The Outerlimits is a wider, sleeker boat. The whole point of pushing the envelope is evolving, who wants some boxy iconic look when you can have sleek, aerodynamic lines. The decks wouldn't fit. An OL size for Size will dwarf any similar vee bottom, it's just an all around larger boat.

I'm not discounting cigarette but quit comparing the two, they're not in the same league, you're talking about boats that can't run stable over 110mph versus boats that are stable at 150mph. Two different breeds.

I think Cigarette builds a great boat...

I just prefer Outerlimits, hands down....

When was the last time Cigarette ran in a shoot out? Nuff' Said...

Congrats to Outerlimits, Mike and Joe, for their accomplishments.

Last edited by WildThing47; 08-30-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 281 Likes on 135 Posts

What your saying is exactly my point pat, the Outerlimits bottoms are far superior to the cigs, but some people like the square, masculine, hardcore offshore looks of a Cig. So what I'm saying is if OL made a boat like that and called it a 42 Classic. It would pull a lot of Cig guys over to OL. I think from a marketing standpoint it would be a success.

How would it look bad?? It'd look like a cig with Outerlimits performance
Old 08-30-2013, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

It would be wide and angular. The OL's Flare up...versus the side lines. The 50 is more angular than any other boat they've done, That's about as jagged as I think you're going to see...and the 29
Old 08-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bostonirish
Any video of either one running. That 52 is stunning. The lines of it sitting at the dock are incredible. Congrats to the OL crew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gowxnd4qSeY
Old 08-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Wow! Just wow!! That thing is on rails. Damn the music!! Lol
Old 08-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 302Sport
What your saying is exactly my point pat, the Outerlimits bottoms are far superior to the cigs, but some people like the square, masculine, hardcore offshore looks of a Cig. So what I'm saying is if OL made a boat like that and called it a 42 Classic. It would pull a lot of Cig guys over to OL. I think from a marketing standpoint it would be a success.

How would it look bad?? It'd look like a cig with Outerlimits performance
I see what your saying. If there were enough people asking OL for such a boat or style, I bet Mike and co. would look into it.

Then in say 10-15 years, you'd hear Johnny Wannabe at the docks say "thats one a dem Outerlimits boats huh" and the news would report " an Outerlimits boat was observed driving way too fast on the lake today".
Old 08-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
I don't know power wise, but handling, it looks like there is more than a couple good running miles an hour left in that hull..... There is no warranty on a 1650, somebody turn the boost up!!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!!
Old 08-31-2013, 04:49 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
I don't know power wise, but handling, it looks like there is more than a couple good running miles an hour left in that hull..... There is no warranty on a 1650, somebody turn the boost up!!
It would make the offshore world really interesting if Reggie's speed records fell to the likes of an OL PLEASURE boat.....when you look at the speeds of pleasure boats vs. Reggie's Race boat of the day compared to what is being built for the weekend warriors now - well IMHO, the speeds of today are knocking on the back door of a record and more stable
Old 08-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Registered

I am a big cigarette fan but you have to give it up to Mike, Joe and the rest of the crew, they go hard with every build and they have raised the bar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.