? About placing a Mechanics Lien on a boat in Florida >

? About placing a Mechanics Lien on a boat in Florida

Notices

? About placing a Mechanics Lien on a boat in Florida

Old 09-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 562 Likes on 231 Posts
Default ? About placing a Mechanics Lien on a boat in Florida

If anybody has had experience or has any advice please feel free to give it .

I unfortunately let my good nature overrule my instincts and helped a guy out on a dock where my friend keeps his boa.

.I started by volunteering to take a look at why one motor was not cranking and after that he asked if there was anything I could do for his generator that the previous shade tree mechanic he had look at it said it was dead.

The next day I had the generator purring after 3 hours of research the previous night on the internet .I than attended to both of his old ugly Crusaders and determined they were getting water in the cylinders..

Long story short I let my pride get in my way and revived the old dogs that everyone said couldn't be done.

The job took a little longer than expected because one of his remanufactured heads He purchased was missing the rotater cup under one of the exhaust valves and after finally figuring that it was not the 25 year old corroded ignition system nor the Carb . I ended up getting away fixing the valve on the head without removing the head but had to remove the exhaust again.

And than the carbs were bad and than the raw water was bad. Meanwhile this azz tells me the whole time the motors purred like kittens before they quit cranking. Yea right?

Anyways long story short all along i tried to keep this guy with in 300 or 400 of him owing me at me wrenching for 40 an hour on this piece of stinking Crap. Meanwhile hr says i always take care of my people in the end .

Well i finally work all the bugs out of it that were nothing to do with me and this ass owes me 1250 bucks in the end and he goes fine no problem thats reasonable i charged him a total of 3300 hundred to rebuild 2 454 top ends and fix a generator and numerous other crap .

Next day after he says I am harassing him , than he say the hours are wrong , and than next he threatens to get a restraing order on me because he knows that i have a few scuffles on my record from years ago.

Anyways If I go to small claims court and win I can place a lein on his boat but what will that entitle me to other than payment if he goes to sell the boat.

This Jackazz sucked the last little bit of trust and NiceGuy I have left in me these days.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that sucks. I'm not from fl but I think what I have learned in the past is pretty relevant nation wide. A lien can only be put on something if u are a business not personal and small claims you can run into the same problem why individuals can't place liens. Which is the proof the paper work. You would need a detailed work order specifying work to be done and price of work to be done with the individuals signature. Then if you were taking payments that would have to be iteamized and so on. But you could always try. Sorry to hear.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply. This guy is a whack job now he is texting me saying I am threatening him I have not done nothing but offer to help this nut case More and more I believe he is bipolar and might be better to just take it in the azz and chalk it up as a hard lesson and never help anyone again.

I see now why when you meet that certain grumpy old man maybe the reason he is so non helpfull is he probably got burned by a azz hole nutcase conman as this.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

People suck!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Registered

Don't look at it as getting screwed. It's a life lesson. But best of all you did your best and you fixed it so it didn't help ur wallet but it's worth more in pride.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Do you still have the boat?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It sucks when you get taken like that. I got ripped off by an admiral in the Nebraska Navy. No sh!t, I didn't know we had a navy but the same story. Keep & make copies of his texts & if he keeps it up you should be able to do something about harassement. Not everyone is like that, just the jacka$$es that are living beyond their means. Randy
Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Registered

That sucks man , your a good person & he's a $h|t head . Chalk it up to experience & get money up front next time . Lotta nut jobs out there unfortunately . Hope you get your money man . No good deed goes unpunished they say & that's what you get for being nice , I can only imagine how pi$$ed you are . I would have been hesitant to trust someone who's boat was such a piece of crap & neglected to begin with tho
Old 09-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Been there, done that, have the T-shirt. He'll get what's coming to him someday. Unfortunately you don't have much recourse (if any) without a written estimate, etc. These deadbeats ruin it for everyone. Some people are pathetic.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:15 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the replys guys.
He bought the old piece of **** 40 foot 1987 Chis Craft cruiser for 12000 as a liveaboard to stay on in Hollywood because he said it was cheaper than an apartment. What a pile of crap. This thing had to be tented for termites after he bought it.
The dock all my buddies i boat with are a tight knit crowd and some of the best, this guy was a new guy that i knew not to trust but i let my pride get in my way. After i tore the engines down and there was 7 bent pushrods from stuck valves and the inside of the exhaust ports on the head looked like they had been on a saltwater reef for a year prior to me taking the manifolds down

STUPID STUPID STUPID

Fukin 1200 would be real handy too right now as this wreck has cost me thousands in other work i should have been getting done on other projects

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.