If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    The numbers should be stamped on them. I pack them up full of grease and then put them in a zip Lock bag. Also DO NOT forget to get yourself another nut and bearing buddy or grease cap. I had to spend a while on the side of the road looking for the axle nut when I lost a bearing

Put your best foot forward!

Charter Member#157 Charter Member MnFastBoat's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999 Advantage 28' Cat
    Minneapolis, Mn, Usa

Re: Lost a bearing on the highway

Originally posted by skatermike24
    To make long story short I lost a bearing on the way home from the river on Sunday, ended up in a truck rest area for about 8 hours until a buddy of mine could hunt down a bearing for me, anyway just want to let you all know that if you ever break down, get to a truck stop, I met some of the nicest people wanting to help out, Even had a offer of somehow getting the trailer onto a flat bed tractor for a lift home. Besides all the people on this board I'm glad there are a few good people left in this world that would lend a helping hand. Thanks to all the drivers I met last night.
    Wish I had the same luck
    I know I did not find the 'Minnesota nice' when i broke down with a trailer. First time was in Goergia delivering a boat from Fl to Mn.
    Lost both wheels on the right side on Christmass eve 3 years ago Sat on the side of the road for over 8 hours before I could even get help started. 14.5 hours the truck and trailer sat there. I could not even unhook to leave the trailer to go and find help

Last year returning from LOTO was a nightmare. After cracking 3 ribs on firday night I left LOTO on Monday morning. Finally after stopping for a motel 3 times to rest I needed one last gas stopp to make sure I made it home. !/4 tank on 45 miles to go. Stopped and once paying for gas the truck would NOT start again. This was at 9pm. Tripple A is s friggin joke and will never carry them again. They would not send anyone for 3-4 huors. I am less then 45 miles to home adn they said Rv coverage is only for 50+ miles from home.WTF!
    Needless to say I finally was able to get a buddy to drive down to pick up the boat. We got home at about 2:30 am.
    No one, not one sole would even ask what was wrong or what I needed. Anyone ever try crawling under a truck to hammer a starter to try and get it working with cracked ribs aftere towing a boat for 2-300 miles Not to mention a 89 Suburban with straight axles Talk about hard suspension!
    So I too am glad to hear that there are a few, very few, people left out there to help you out SkaterMike.
    Wish more people were like the ones you were able to meet with.
    This Cat is trying to keep up with the Big Dogs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12