Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Tell me about 32' Fountains (the good and bad) >

Tell me about 32' Fountains (the good and bad)

Notices

Tell me about 32' Fountains (the good and bad)

Old 09-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
lol at that first part....just from the looks I can see that already.

I had heard of the "taking on water issue" but thought it was mostly reserved to the 29 with twins.

As far as a 35' goes.....while i would love the idea. I have things I want/don't want and when I get into that size boat at my price I am only at early 90's with a lot of things I just wont/cant have. Every 1998+ years boat is about $10k more than I am willing to spend at this time.
Both are great boats. I would choose by which one is in better condition, and what one you get a better deal on.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick G
Nate i haven't owned either boat but came very close to pulling the trigger on a 32 Hustler. For the same money the Hustler is a bigger boat ( no integrated swim platform, or beak ) and I believe it has a bigger cockpit. They are both well made , the Foutain with same power would be faster. But as an all around ocean boat to be enjoyed with family and friends I think the hustler would probably better suit your needs.

Ya speed is not my end all. low/mid 70's is more than fine with me.

I want a good all around boat that wont get beat up in the Gulf to bad and is fun to take out friends to the islands and hang out on.

Don't know if I mentioned boat boats are identical price and have identical power.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
Both are great boats. I would choose by which one is in better condition, and what one you get a better deal on.
Condition is what I am going to check on both and then have that one i pick fully survyed.

Both are the same price down to the $1.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Condition is what I am going to check on both and then have that one i pick fully survyed.

Both are the same price down to the $1.
Pictures of Each?
Old 09-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 213 Likes on 110 Posts

I say ride on both and go from there...
I ve been boating for a long time,about 30 years,bought my first boat when I was in my teens,,owned and driven many perf boats,been in a couple of Cigs as well,never liked Fountains dont know why but I never did,,the last 14 years I have owned 7 Powerquest and 2 of them been Revenge 300s which are great boats fast hulls,,before that I had Bajas,sea rays and others..last year I sold my last PowerQuest and did not know what I wanted next,,still did NOT like the Fountains did not know why but like most on here I did not like them..a year ago some one started a thread on the Fountain forum about a 32 that was traded in at a hi end collector car dealer in California,,I looked at the pics flew out there and looked at the boat,,was a 32 fever with stock 502s and 111 hours,,I thought the price was right and figured I will use it until I find something else and move on,,bought the boat without water testing (ran it on a hose)had it delivered to my house (1800 miles away) once there I put it in the water (nervous about the ride) took it for a spin and surprised at the ride,,boat rides like its on rails,handles the water great,,
Does it ride low in the back ? Yep,,does it bother me? No..I never get any water in the bilge and the boat is build solid,,
is it a smaller cockpit?kind of..but I buy the boats for me not to carry all my friends around(they could buy their own boat and keep their 6pack of beer..lol)
as far as the vents in the back,,Fountain does offer some covers now to help with that...

as Far as the Left handed controls go,,yea it does take a little while to get used to them but its not a big deal,,I find it funny as heck to see most of the Cig guys talk crap about the left handed throttles on the Fountains BUT think they are COOL on the Gladiators,,,lol

Good Luck..
Attached Thumbnails Tell me about 32' Fountains (the good and bad)-m7.jpg   Tell me about 32' Fountains (the good and bad)-mitch8.jpg  

Last edited by boatnt; 09-04-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
Pictures of Each?

Old 09-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Registered

Paint is no concern one either.

I have a buddy that does wraps for a living and either one would most likely be changing colors no matter what in a short time.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
I say ride on both and go from there...
I ve been boating for a long time,about 30 years,bought my first boat when I was in my teens,,owned and driven many perf boats,been in Cig,never liked Fountains dont know why but I never did,,the last 14 years I have owned 7 Powerquest and 2 of them been Revenge 300s which are great boats fast hulls,,before that I had Bajas,sea rays and others..last year I sold my last PowerQuest and did not know what I wanted next,,still did NOT like the Fountains did not know why but like most on here I did not like them..a year ago some one started a thread on the Fountain forum about a 32 that was traded in at a hi end dealer in California,,I looked at the pics flew out there 32 fever with stock 502s and 111 hours,,I thought the price was right and figured I will use it until I find something else and move on,,bought the boat without water testing (ran it on a hose)had it delivered to my house (1800 miles away) once there I put it in the water (nervous about the ride) took it for a spin and surprised at the ride,,boat rides like its on rails,handles the water great,,
Does it ride low in the back ? Yep,,does it bother me? No..I never get any water in the bilge and the boat is build solid,,
is it a smaller cockpit?kind of..but I buy the boats for me not to carry all my friends around(they could buy their own boat and keep their 6pack of beer..lol)
as far as the vents in the back,,Fountain does offer some covers now to help with that...

as Far as the Left handed controls go,,yea it does take a little while to get used to them but its not a big deal,,I find it funny as heck to see most of the Cig guys talk crap about the left handed throttles on the Fountains BUT think they COOL on the Gladiators,,,lol

Good Luck..
I don't think I will be able to ride on both that day sadly and my window is short down there. One is at a sales place where the broker is meeting me on his day off and the boat is on a rack (the hustler). The other is at his house but the owner (a lawyer) is away and his assistant is showing me the boat that day (the Fountain).

I will be doing a sea trial on the one I narrow it down too but that is it sadly. Sunday will be walk arounds for the most part and going over any paperwork/documents the boat might have as well as listening to each one fire up at the min.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 09-04-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:45 AM
mxz
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't post alot but do read, I thought you bought a boat from another member here? Did it fall through?
Old 09-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o52669-en.html

problem solved

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.