Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Tell me about 32' Fountains (the good and bad) >

Tell me about 32' Fountains (the good and bad)

Notices

Tell me about 32' Fountains (the good and bad)

Old 09-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by mxz
Don't post alot but do read, I thought you bought a boat from another member here? Did it fall through?
Ya and it was a mutal thing.

Both motors went and for the added cost and as well as him wanting to get his value back it was best for us to drop the deal.

It was Deans boat and he is a great guy and if anything I was lucky it happened when it did.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mxz
Don't post alot but do read, I thought you bought a boat from another member here? Did it fall through?
Is bttm line was $52k flat and no lower what so ever (which I understand).

It's a bit more than I wished to spend. Then tack on Taxes, survey fee, and towing to get it here and I am quite a bit over my comfort zone.

I already tried on that one lol.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

My thoughts on the 32.....

- the cockpit dimensions seem very similar to a 27' Fever that we had, if not identical in size. My wife and I found the 27' Fever cockpit too small; and we rarely take anyone with us.
- the rubrail leaks can be fixed in an afternoon with a screwdriver, some 5200, and some well-calloused thumbs.
- they do sit low, too low for my tastes, but they do look good sitting in the water. It's even worse if you ever beach your boat, as it dramatically changes the angle to the water line.
- platform causing water splash in your face when sitting on sunpad.... our old 27' did that, and the 35' will do that too (on occasion), if facing the waves just right.
- left hand throttles.... you'll get used to it. I actually like it better.
- getting to the deck requires climbing over the windshield - not fun, but somewhat normal on most performance boats.
- a local acquaintance has a 32 of about the era you're looking at, and he absolutely loves his boat. ...and has taken it on a Bahamas run a year or two ago. I don't believe he gets on OSO though to chime in.

The ride of a Fountain is great - our 27' was great, and our 35' is even better!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Nate, I went thru this last year with the 32 and I did a bunch of research. I love the looks of the model and I love how menacing it looks in the water with the stern so low. The biggest concerns I had/have is the lack of space in the engine compartment and how difficult service would be. My other concern was a comment from an owner who said it can be difficult to see over the bow while moving at low speeds--even no wake speed. But other than that, everyone says the hull rides well.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
Nate, I went thru this last year with the 32 and I did a bunch of research. I love the looks of the model and I love how menacing it looks in the water with the stern so low. The biggest concerns I had/have is the lack of space in the engine compartment and how difficult service would be. My other concern was a comment from an owner who said it can be difficult to see over the bow while moving at low speeds--even no wake speed. But other than that, everyone says the hull rides well.
I never thought about that low speed issue.

We have a long area of no wake here on our intercoastal so if that is true that could be a problem. Also I am all of 5'7" so that's not helping.

The working on issue I have heard of as well. I do plan on all basic upkeep being done by me so I will have to really take a hard look around the hatch area.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:05 PM
mxz
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Ya and it was a mutal thing.

Both motors went and for the added cost and as well as him wanting to get his value back it was best for us to drop the deal.

It was Deans boat and he is a great guy and if anything I was lucky it happened when it did.
I see, never heard about any of the above. Sounds like you were very lucky that they went when the did, that would have been bad for you. I guess I still don't get how someone thinks they are still gonna get that kind of money out of a boat with blown motors unless he was going to fix it first?
Old 09-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mxz
I see, never heard about any of the above. Sounds like you were very lucky that they went when the did, that would have been bad for you. I guess I still don't get how someone thinks they are still gonna get that kind of money out of a boat with blown motors unless he was going to fix it first?
It's currently is getting 2 brand new factory sealed Merc racing 500's. A nice step above the black 502's of before.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:26 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

spent some time in one. was a nice boat road good but had to pick it up off the bottom from the platform leaking.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:32 PM
mxz
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
It's currently is getting 2 brand new factory sealed Merc racing 500's. A nice step above the black 502's of before.
Sounds like it would have been a helluva boat for ya with new motors if you could have came to terms on price. Good luck in your continued search.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mxz
Sounds like it would have been a helluva boat for ya with new motors if you could have came to terms on price. Good luck in your continued search.
I would have loved to have it as was and more ao with the new set up but those motors put it quite far past my comfort zone.....quite far lol.

Thanks though.

If these 2 don't pan out I am going to stop looking for a while. Prob wait till winter I am thinking..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.