Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Tell me about 32' Fountains (the good and bad) >

Tell me about 32' Fountains (the good and bad)

Notices

Tell me about 32' Fountains (the good and bad)

Old 09-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Nate, I owned a 32 and it had big blocks with aluminum heads and I replaced the hatch with a light weight one with pro stock type hood scoops and the boat sat 2 inches higher in the rear than other 32s. I had the hatch done at the factory or I bet Real Fast Marine could build you one. The engine hatch is extremely heavy and just changing that will save a couple of hundred pounds off the rear. .
Old 09-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
I have a 32 that has been docked in a marina for a number of years. I have a sign I leave in the side window saying " If the swim platform is above water it's not sinking". The marina staff knows the drill and tells me about all the concerned people reporting my boat sinking.
My only fear is one day it could be sinking and no one will report it.
ed
"Docked in a marina for years" I'd hate to see the condition of the bottom of your boat. I know it's none of my business. I just hate to see performance boats docked without a lift.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased a 32' in March. Mine is a 91' which I believe sits higher then the late 90's models. It is stock from the factory with 502 mags. It will take on water at the ramp because the ramp I use is crazy steep. It doesn't do it at other ramps. I am very happy with the boat, had 4 big guys and my wife in the boat for tick faw, it was a bit tight in the back, but that is not my wife or my problem Sure, I wish I had a 35' but I got the deal on the 32' and it has been a great boat. If the deal makes since, pull the trigger.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I never thought about that low speed issue.

We have a long area of no wake here on our intercoastal so if that is true that could be a problem. Also I am all of 5'7" so that's not helping.

The working on issue I have heard of as well. I do plan on all basic upkeep being done by me so I will have to really take a hard look around the hatch area.
Never had an issue with the slow speed visibility. Mine pops right up on plane.

I am 6'3" and 240. I have been in the bilge of my 32 and changed hoses, impellers, etc. It sucks but not horrible. I did talk my bro into changing the starter
Old 09-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts
If you want to put a bunch of people in your boat I wouldn't get the fountain.

Then you will have to hear everyone telling you it's a 27-28 foot light boat (7200lb dry)., and that it can't handle huge waves that I guess most people boat in. The 32 does sit low, rub rail is easy to fix.

You really have to have thick skin to own a fountain, I wouldn't recommend it.

Personally my next boat is going to be a full displacement trawler so no one can talk to me about wetted surface length. That and they ride GREAT in big waves,,, slow but I am getting old and need to be comfy.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Oh and last thing,,,,,, when you pay slip fees they apparently don't care it's only a 28 foot boat and still charge you for 32!

The nerve!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

32's are nice, but my findings is it is a PITA to get to the bow, because there is no gunwales to walk on. And the water unter the cabin step. I have still yet to find where the hell it is coming from. Other then that, i have no complaints.

John jr
Old 09-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
If you want to put a bunch of people in your boat I wouldn't get the fountain.

Then you will have to hear everyone telling you it's a 27-28 foot light boat (7200lb dry)., and that it can't handle huge waves that I guess most people boat in. The 32 does sit low, rub rail is easy to fix.

You really have to have thick skin to own a fountain, I wouldn't recommend it.

Personally my next boat is going to be a full displacement trawler so no one can talk to me about wetted surface length. That and they ride GREAT in big waves,,, slow but I am getting old and need to be comfy.
OK this post had me rolling lol.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

But you won't be able to tow the trawler behind your. S10 pickup
Old 09-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered

why don't you look at a scarab avs plenty of room and a real strong hull and they ride real nice and go through anything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.